• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Second Test

Are crac-info taking the p*ss out of the fact our wicketkeeper is an Aussie?

56.6 Giles to Langer, no run
56.5 Giles to Langer, bye: FOUR, turning in from outside the off stump,
Langer offers no shot, ball keeps low and beats Gilchrist
56.4 Giles to Langer, no run, comes down the track and gets beaten,
Gilchrist fails to collect it properly and Langer survives - that
will go down as a chance
56.3 Giles to Langer, no run, defended down the pitch
56.2 Giles to Langer, no run
56.1 Giles to Langer, no run, beaten outside the off stump and Gilchrist
quickly disturbs the stumps, question asked and the umpire goes
upstairs, green light flashes

284/8 now - Simon Jones bags Lee. Dizzy in now...

smile.gif

Great performance so far by England. They have won all the sessions so far.

Now an awkward little hal hour tonight, but that is such a good lead on that pitch.

I would say England need to score around 350 to set them 450++ to win.

Come on England.

The best thing is that there's loads  of time left - three days!

A lead of 400 ought  to be enough, a lead of 450 or more will surely clinch it.

Banger's just hit Lee for 4 off the first ball of the innings - good lad!

biggrin.gif

Woah, I go out to clean the car for a couple of hours and we've already bowled the Aussies out and are 16 for no loss! Perhaps all those people who were predicting a whitewash might eat their words, especially if we get a nice lead before the Aussies' second innings...!

Mental, we're still cracking along at almost 5 an over - we're now 25/0 off 5.3 overs! Banger is in superb touch, it has to be said.

biggrin.gif

Sh*t. Warne bowled Strauss - bit over the top from the commentator who almost blew my speakers out in celebration.
rock.gif

Great bit of bowling though

B*ll*cks... Shane's up and running again. Strauss has clearly not learnt how to deal with Warney.

Strauss b Warne 6

England 25/1 - that's a lead of 124 with 9 wickets in hand.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Aug. 04 2005,10:26)]Batting first I, unfortunatley, sniff disaster. The wicket is apparently very green to match the Aussies caps. Just as well McGrath is crocked.

Why is Giles playing on a green top? I can only assume because those responsible for selction on the morning of a match are making a point.

My prediction England 145-155 all out.
sad.gif
I know hindsight's a wondewrfult hing and I do agree generally with your posts on cricket but so far this prediction has been almost precisely wrong!!

Just need McGrath to start jogging round the pitch!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 05 2005,23:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Aug. 04 2005,10:26)]Batting first I, unfortunatley, sniff disaster. The wicket is apparently very green to match the Aussies caps. Just as well McGrath is crocked.

Why is Giles playing on a green top? I can only assume because those responsible for selction on the morning of a match are making a point.

My prediction England 145-155 all out.
sad.gif
I know hindsight's a wondewrfult hing and I do agree generally with your posts on cricket but so far this prediction has been almost precisely wrong!!

Just need McGrath to start jogging round the pitch!
Brilliantly, superbly, fantastically, fandaba-double-dozzeelly wrong!
biggrin.gif

Back