• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Semi-Final 1: (What's the Story) Morning Glory vs Nevermind

which album ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Worthy of the final itself, but one must fall before reaching that level

Carl and Aberdeen Shrimper .. over to you

I haven't done any of the "rallying" as others have, all I can say is that they're both great albums!

Tough. There's no point voting tactically as either one of these will put up a good fight. I think Nevermind made the biggest impact on me as a yoof, and so it gets my vote.

I haven't done any of the "rallying" as others have, all I can say is that they're both great albums!

Not really been able to campaign much either, yet both albums get to the semi finals.....says it all about them both really.

Good Luck to your album Carl.

How these two got so far is beyond me. (WTS)MG is a great rock album, and Nevermind was the sound of a disillusioned youth (although not as influential as many people will claim) with one of the defining songs of the 90s.

Both solid albums... but the greatest? no way

How these two got so far is beyond me. (WTS)MG is a great rock album, and Nevermind was the sound of a disillusioned youth (although not as influential as many people will claim) with one of the defining songs of the 90s.

Both solid albums... but the greatest? no way

I agree. (WTS)MG isn't even the best Oasis record. Actually, neither is Nevermind the best Nirvana LP?

Still, Nevermind trumps it for me.

Nevermind isn't the best Nirvana album IMO, in fact I cant hardly listen to Teen Spirit anymore because is was so over-played back in the day.

This thread is the real final. Nevermind for me. Will abstain from voting in the other semi tomorrow as both Doolittle and The Stone Roses are ***** in my opinion.

Still at least T*****r and the alleged child molester bit the dust and anything is more acceptable as a victor than that piece of durge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. (WTS)MG isn't even the best Oasis record. Actually, neither is Nevermind the best Nirvana LP?

Still, Nevermind trumps it for me.

I'm not an Oasis fan at all but (WTS)MG still gets love, I agree that Nevermind isn't the best Nirvana LP

Definately a vote for Oasis on this one.

Whilst over time it has shown not to be their best album, it is packed full of anthems and was played by me non stop through those first years of going out on the lash, a-levels, moving away to university etc.

There are only a handful of songs in my lifetime that I can remember where and when I first heard them, and two of those are on this album, so it gets the vote for me.

(They should have put 'Whatever' on this album to really top it off though....).

Nevermind all the way

WTS does not hold a candle to Nevermind.

It has to be Nevermind in the final to make the final a close run thing.

WTS(MG) for me. It reminds me of drinking beer and playing Pro Evo on the PS1 in my mates backroom, and his parents (Neither are still with us) telling us to keep the noise down. Top, top times.

Back