• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seriously need help!!

Cheltenham Shrimper

I turned off my computer to re-install a network card for my wireless internet, and now when I try to play music on my computer, no music will load. I went into the Sounds section on my control panel and now it says 'No Audio Device'. My internet now works and my audio has f*cked up. What's gone wrong?!!

I'm really peed off at the moment and any help would be great.

I suspect an IRQ conflict. Go into Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager and from the drop down list see if your sound card is listed. If not try control panel - Add Hardware and see if Windows can pick it up while your up and running rather from during boot up.

If still get no joy I suggest uninstalling the network card, rebooting and see if your sounds come back. If they do it confirms an IRQ conflict. If it doesn't you could try removing your sound card and then reinstalling it.

All I can think of really ;)

I suspect an IRQ conflict. Go into Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager and from the drop down list see if your sound card is listed. If not try control panel - Add Hardware and see if Windows can pick it up while your up and running rather from during boot up.

If still get no joy I suggest uninstalling the network card, rebooting and see if your sounds come back. If they do it confirms an IRQ conflict. If it doesn't you could try removing your sound card and then reinstalling it.

All I can think of really ;)

good advice

You may have knocked or fried the sound card when you installed the wireless network card. Do you know if you have an onboard or PCI soundcard?

Also right click on My Computer and select Manage. Select Device Manager from the left hand tree menu and then open up Sound, video and game controllers and see if you have any yellow warning signs on anything there.

You may have knocked or fried the sound card when you installed the wireless network card. Do you know if you have an onboard or PCI soundcard?

Also right click on My Computer and select Manage. Select Device Manager from the left hand tree menu and then open up Sound, video and game controllers and see if you have any yellow warning signs on anything there.

I think i've got an onboard soundcard.

Yeah I did have a warning sign. It was against the Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device, so i've disabled it. Went to PC world and Currys y'day for some advice. PC World said to basically wipe the system and start again, saving all my files first because they will be deleted, and that should cure the problem. Dunno bout that. Curry's said to try and download an update of the driver, or buy a new sound card.

I really hate computers, i've just decided. And to make things worse, my internet's gone so i've had to take the network card out and give up with it.

Back