• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Settle my dispute

Settle my dispute - About Mascots

• Your right Dave - Blackburn would have won

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your wrong Dave - Spurs all the way.

• I think a cheeky draw.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
I was at my mate Clumseys flat on Sunday watching the Blackburn Vs Spurs game.

As the players came out the tunnel everoyne of the Blackburn players was holding a mascots hand. These mascots were about 11 or 12 I would say.

I said to my mate Sweaty that I bet Blackburn would like to field the mascots aswell as their starting eleven - Thus giving them 22 players on the pitch. He replied that it would be an obvious advantage to Spurs as the kids would be no use.

Now if I was Mark Hughes I would advise 5 of the lads to mark Edgar Davids and 6 to mark Tom Huddlestone. This would neutralise the midfield and allow Blackburn to make their numbers advantage count.

M mate argues that the mascots would play the Spurs players onside all the time and be a libability. I think this could easily be countered by telling them not to leave the centre of the pitch.

So I call upon you all to settle this debate.
suspect.gif

What a ridiculous question.

How are we supposed to answer a question like that....

... unless you tell us what the Blackburn mascots were dressed as.

When I say mascots I mean kids who's Dad's pay for them to be mascot and not the furry things that are employed to antagonise the away support.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 21 2006,16:11)]When I say mascots I mean kids who's Dad's pay for them to be mascot and not the furry things that are employed to antagonise the away support.  
mad.gif
I probably should have read it a bit more carefully.
sad.gif
blush.gif

Shame, I think that allowing one side to have 11 fans dressed in the appropriate mascot costume take to the field would be an excellent idea. The premier$hite is the dullest league in the world and this would actually get me to watch Spurs v Blackburn.

ps I've no idea what Blackburn's mascot is - can anyone enlighten me?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 21 2006,16:32)]ps I've no idea what Blackburn's mascot is - can anyone enlighten me?
An overly shaven transvestite with bouncy blonde hair and Savage 8 on the back of their shirt.

Oh no sorry...............that is the REAL Robbie Savage...........no idea
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 21 2006,16:32)]ps I've no idea what Blackburn's mascot is - can anyone enlighten me?
I think it is Roar Lion (has a red style of hair similar to Elvis J Eel)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 21 2006,15:52)]I was at my mate Clumseys flat on Sunday watching the Blackburn Vs Spurs game.

As the players came out the tunnel everoyne of the Blackburn players was holding a mascots hand. These mascots were about 11 or 12 I would say.

I said to my mate Sweaty that I bet Blackburn would like to field the mascots aswell as their starting eleven - Thus giving them 22 players on the pitch. He replied that it would be an obvious advantage to Spurs as the kids would be no use.

Now if I was Mark Hughes I would advise 5 of the lads to mark Edgar Davids and 6 to mark Tom Huddlestone. This would neutralise the midfield and allow Blackburn to make their numbers advantage count.

M mate argues that the mascots would play the Spurs players onside all the time and be a libability. I think this could easily be countered by telling them not to leave the centre of the pitch.

suspect.gif
Are your mates some kind of sinister version of the Seven Dwarfs? Who are the other 5
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Nov. 21 2006,17:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 21 2006,15:52)]I was at my mate Clumseys flat on Sunday watching the Blackburn Vs Spurs game.

suspect.gif
Are your mates some kind of sinister version of the Seven Dwarfs? Who are the other 5  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I would guess Pi$$y, $hitty, Snotty, Spunky and Derek Payne.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Nov. 21 2006,17:04)]
[b said:

suspect.gif
laugh.gif
We also have Sneaky, Ratty and the Fist.....

Good point about the 7 Dwarfs.....
laugh.gif

The kids would cause to many problems to Blackburn when they had the ball and would be trying to find room to pass etc

I think the game could be heading for a bore draw. Not much space to find room for a pass, plus with the kids being around 11 or 12 there is likely to be a lot of stoppages for some wounded youngsters who get in the way of physically fit twentysomethings going full pelt - it would break up play and disrupt the flow of the game.

Plus whenever kids are involved in anything, players would feel compelled to try and give them some glory by passing them the ball when through on goal or similar unselfish acts. This would be ill-advised and lead to several squandered chances.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ Nov. 23 2006,15:34)]I won't - don't worry - but I think it should have been included!!
tounge.gif
wink.gif
Start your own poll then with that as the only answer.....See how many votes you get.
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,15:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ Nov. 23 2006,15:34)]I won't - don't worry - but I think it should have been included!!
tounge.gif
wink.gif
Start your own poll then with that as the only answer.....See how many votes you get.  
suspect.gif
Touchy! Is it your time of the month?  
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ Nov. 23 2006,16:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
tounge.gif
wink.gif
suspect.gif
tounge.gif
No I am fine thanks...

If you like my topics so much there is one on bum fun floating about. I am sure your thoughts would be welcomed.
tounge.gif

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
tounge.gif
wink.gif
suspect.gif
tounge.gif
God! Now you have done it! Tomorrow's DtS poll: Would you nail a bird during menstruation?
wow.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,16:38)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
tounge.gif
wink.gif
suspect.gif
tounge.gif
No I am fine thanks...

If you like my topics so much there is one on bum fun floating about. I am sure your thoughts would be welcomed.  
tounge.gif
No comment!

Back