• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
I have never ever posted a negative post on here........

......until now.

Frankly the defending is an absolute embarrasment. Just look at the goals we have conceded this season. Virtually all of how goals against, and watch the video evidence, sees at least one, but usually two or three Southend players with either their ar$e$ or their backs to the ground just as the player who scores is about to knock the ball jhome. This is not lying on the ground in disappointment at conceding - this is before the ball hits the back of the net. The prime culprit is one Adam Barrett, he is always on the floor.

The first goal last night Barrett is on the floor before Parkin receives the ball, and the third goal well theer are at least four players on the floor as Fagan receives the ball. It is like a scene of devastation in our box.

We are now one-third of the way through the season with a meagre 10 points, having not won in the league for 11 games. We are now in dire straights, and need to gain 4 points from every 3 games we play - STARTING NOW - to have absolutely any chance of stayiong up. Although I can't see where four points are coming from in our next three games of Wolves, Preston and Plymouth.

How are we going to create such a turnaround? No idea, but that is what the management duo get paid for, and we must back them to do it.

Dramatic surgery is required at the back and in midfield to halt this what Tommy Docherty would call "a crest of a slump." However, Steve Tilson appears unable to attract anyone on loan. Although, the "we won't be bringing in players who are not better than those we already have" line is wearing a bit thin now. So we may be stuck with what we have got.

I fear we may be, all bar the mathematics, down by Chrsitmas.

Yep, agree with the gist of what you're saying there, especially about the loans.

Brushy maintains the squad spent the international break studying the goals against and how to cure it, I saw precious little evidence of that on Sat and from last nights goals on SSN (as well as the Ipswich shambles).

Again, not one to be negative, but I, alas, fear we're down already
sad.gif

To say we will be down by xmas is ludicrous....

I'd give it till mid Jan at least.

laugh.gif

Let's be fair.

The free kick for their second goal was never a foul by Barrett but should have gone the other way.

Albeit, two points here:

1 - Bad defending at the free kick

2 - Where do these officials come from ?

The standard is absolutely apalling !

Nevertheless, I am proud to see us playing at this level (and I seen it before and latterly we were much worse). I am convinced that if we stick with the principles and get some better luck , we will survive !

In the meantime, go on Tilly, show 'em what you are made of !

And as for Parkinson, what a nice guy he is !

Finally, so much for the Dennis Wise revolution !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ Nov. 01 2006,10:02)]2 - Where do these officials come from ?
Pantomime school if that Refs anything to go by, he loved playing to the crowd.

Agree with sentiment of original poster, nice to see someone layout the problems without taking the easy road and saying we should just replace X with Y.

The defending is dire, not just the defence but the whole team.

The midfield didnt seem to link up with defence nor attack last night.

We couldnt hold onto the ball at all, as soon as we got it we gave it straight back to them andHull must have won 99% of second balls last night.

Theres a lot of work to be done and as previously said Ive no idea what can be done to fix it...

Back