• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame on you if you're losing faith

To be honest its not bad thing if the naysayers all give tonight a miss. Three hundred passionate supporters will make more noise than 600 half-arsed supporters.

I think it is a good thing for the players to get away from the negativity of Roots Hall. If we are to pick up, I think it will be done away from home and away from the pressure and groans of our home "support". It will be the elite in attendance tonight, those who don't think we are Man U and that drawing at home is beneath us. Hopefully it will inspire players and give them some much needed confidence.

Im with you there OBL... I was at the saturday and thought that although there were some solid individual performances we lacked a team performance.....its gonna take time to rebuild the squad get them in tune with each other...and im sure we will be a force to be reckoned with.....meantime from our prospective its a chance to see just how good Tilly n Brush are at moulding the new team...Exciting times ahead me thinks..

To be honest its not bad thing if the naysayers all give tonight a miss. Three hundred passionate supporters will make more noise than 600 half-arsed supporters.

I think it is a good thing for the players to get away from the negativity of Roots Hall. If we are to pick up, I think it will be done away from home and away from the pressure and groans of our home "support". It will be the elite in attendance tonight, those who don't think we are Man U and that drawing at home is beneath us. Hopefully it will inspire players and give them some much needed confidence.

You going Matt? I like being classed as one of the "elite"! ;)

Surely even Tilly seems to be "losing faith?"

"It is going to be a difficult season for us and as a squad we need to work hard for each other," he said.

"There is not a lot of money to get players and everyone at the club has to stick together."

Would love to go, but just can't afford it at the moment. Will have to make do with listening on the radio.

Will never lose interest in watching my team, but I can't blame people for becoming de-motivated recently.

Surely even Tilly seems to be "losing faith?"

"It is going to be a difficult season for us and as a squad we need to work hard for each other," he said.

"There is not a lot of money to get players and everyone at the club has to stick together."

He's not losing faith; he's facing up to a tough reality. Just like 90% of the other managers in L1 and L2.

Trouble is no club other than the super rich half dozen or so in the prem can afford to sustain upward momentum indefinitely. Go back over our history & we tend to go in 5 or 6 year cycles of good & bad periods. we were always going to struggle to maintain the levels of the past few years, but I guess the hope is that if we now have a few leaner years we'll at least maintain L1 status, which is in itself a big improvement on past 'lean' years. Then hopefully when the new stadium comes along we'll be ready for another period of growth which will hopefully see us get established in the CC.

Well said OBL! I'd love to be there with you but work is calling! Absolut is also working late but we'll keep up-to-date with scores. x

Back