• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Might save on prisons costs etc , cant wait for the rush of applications from every town in the country to pull up the drawbridge when their local asbo holders go for their week in Ibeefa .

When you put it that way, I see your point. We’ll have to add a stipulation that it only counts, if the perpetrator is in a place which could be described as worse than a British Prison. Like Hull for example. Or Barnsley.

Hopefully the invitations I’ve sent to fellow SZ’s to accompany me to the Maldives, occurs before that stipulation kicks in

:Winking: :Whistling:

I’ll start by saying, I don’t want you to feel like I’m singling you out, or specifically trying to pick holes in everything you say...

But....

I can’t wrap my head around this.

You honestly believe that the mothers and fathers of those people, who were senselessly murdered in Manchester, would one day be able to forgive this girl?

You couldn’t. You wouldn’t. Something like that changes you as a person. Your world would never be the same again, you wouldn’t see things as clear as you do now.

with the greatest respect to Blueronron, I can see where he's coming from. It's one of the basic tenets of Christianity - forgive thy neighbour.

Your second point needs addressing - here's some actual parents who've forgiven their children's murderers

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news...mmy-mizen-explain-decision-to-forgive-killer/

https://metro.co.uk/2017/08/07/pare...-and-visit-him-in-prison-every-month-6834195/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...father-murder-victim-hugged-son-s-killer.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soc...oor-says-enniskillen-bombing-victim-1.3283377

https://www.consolatio.com/2007/11/gordon-wilson-i.html

I

And, sadly, it wouldn't be until something as terrible as this had happened to you personally, that one's Faith would be tested. It'd sure as heck test mine....

I’ll start by saying, I don’t want you to feel like I’m singling you out, or specifically trying to pick holes in everything you say...

But....

I can’t wrap my head around this.

You honestly believe that the mothers and fathers of those people, who were senselessly murdered in Manchester, would one day be able to forgive this girl?

You couldn’t. You wouldn’t. Something like that changes you as a person. Your world would never be the same again, you wouldn’t see things as clear as you do now.

1/ Not all but yes some

2/ As I said before , I hope never to have the consequence of answering this , but one stupid girl who didnot set the bomb off in Manchester could be forgiven in time

I'm not a God fearing Christian or any religion come to that, and would I say this to Manchester family victims that she should be forgiven , of course not, its far too raw to mention and totally understand the anger today, tomorrow and years to come, but as I think, this girl could be an asset too many if she can come around to realising her actions were wrong and become a voice for many who will still try and join IS and realise its not good or heaven bound
The real question is can she come around with help or is she good enough to fool many experts and spread the vile lies that comes from there, I'm not an expert but feel some one could identify whether she truly sorry or believes in the killings, at least give it a chance, otherwise she will be a martyr for the IS showing how uncivilised we are in their eyes not mine

By the way you are not singling me out or trying to pick holes, we have different views and at the end of the day we must at times agree to disagree and I totally understand your point at the anger, just that maybe my make up is different

That is why he is a man of principle and not a populist playing to the gallery. A sober, sane and legalistic position to take which will no doubt get the hard right frothing at the mouth.

Don’t forget to add, it’s also the reason he won’t get elected. Because his policies don’t fall in line with what the majority of the country want. Or as you know them, the racists & hard-right.

I'm not an expert but feel some one could identify whether she truly sorry or believes in the killings, t

I think her words and actions are saying what side she's on and what she believes at this moment in time. She has said seeing heads of those beheaded in buckets didn't faze her. No regrets about joining ISIS. Manchester bombing was justified, and still named her newborn baby boy after a murdering Islamic warlord of non believers, even after asking to come back to Britain. So that tells you a lot, even without an expert, she's not truly sorry. She has since spoken to her family by mobile, possibly the lawyer. Now she is saying the sort of things we would like to hear, obviously told she was saying the wrong things and it wasn't helping her cause here. Can she be de-radicalised? Yes with the right help.

Watching those videos, i don't know who has lost the plot more........ JC or Shamima !!!???

So let's assume this site is pretty much in sync with the rest of the UK and is atypical of the UK voting public. Why shouldn't it be after all?

A 10 to 1 majority in favour of not having her return to the UK and Corbyn comes out in support of her return to face questioning and possible criminal charges and jail time.

Mmmm, smart move that. Just when the time is right to be seen to be in tune with the rest of the country and doing what's right. And people wonder why the Labour party is unelectable.

So let's assume this site is pretty much in sync with the rest of the UK and is atypical of the UK voting public. Why shouldn't it be after all?

A 10 to 1 majority in favour of not having her return to the UK and Corbyn comes out in support of her return to face questioning and possible criminal charges and jail time.

Mmmm, smart move that. Just when the time is right to be seen to be in tune with the rest of the country and doing what's right. And people wonder why the Labour party is unelectable.
Being a credible leader is about having a set of principles and sficking to them whether they are approved by the right wing media or not. I know that's hard for Tories to understand but that is why Corbyn has been such a breath of fresh air for previously disillusioned Labour supporters and why despite the overwhelming hostility of the media he came close to winning the snap GE of 2017 once he had a chance to connect directly with the public rather than be seen through the distorted prism of the media.

40% in 2017 indicates they are not unelectable

Back