• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shaun Hobson

He might look slightly uncomfortable on the ball but he isn't, he can bring it out from the back if needed,

Really sorry to pick this quote out of your post but anyone see him bring out from the back against Bradford and he just fell over onto the floor haha. That was hilarious.

To be fair to him, the pitch didn't help him out but it was still highly amusing nevertheless.

To be fair to Shaun he's a no nonsense defender who lacks the flair but does the basics quite well. Not overly excited as others are about him but he's a grafter and tries hard. Clearly not suited to being in a 5 at the back formation though. Not his fault though.

Really sorry to pick this quote out of your post but anyone see him bring out from the back against Bradford and he just fell over onto the floor haha. That was hilarious.

To be fair to him, the pitch didn't help him out but it was still highly amusing nevertheless.

To be fair to Shaun he's a no nonsense defender who lacks the flair but does the basics quite well. Not overly excited as others are about him but he's a grafter and tries hard. Clearly not suited to being in a 5 at the back formation though. Not his fault though.

Yes I agree he can definitely make some poor passes/fall over, but I recall a few forward passes/balls in behind he made that were impressive.

More of a 60/40 ratio imo, which isn't great, but he's young and can hopefully improve.

Anyone else considered the subjective opinion of Shaun that started this thread was based on three wins and the tone of how it’s ending based on three defeats....

I’m not sure his individual performance has changed much within those 6 games.....

Anyone else considered the subjective opinion of Shaun that started this thread was based on three wins and the tone of how it’s ending based on three defeats....

I’m not sure his individual performance has changed much within those 6 games.....
I do feel he massively benefits from a back 4 set up with either dieng or white next to him. Any fluctuations in his game seem to me due to the change in formations. So maybe it's his adaptability rather than his own skills that cause it. Quite possibly just down to inexperience

I do feel he massively benefits from a back 4 set up with either dieng or white next to him. Any fluctuations in his game seem to me due to the change in formations. So maybe it's his adaptability rather than his own skills that cause it. Quite possibly just down to inexperience
Agree with this. Hobson isn’t an awful player, just inexperienced. He played best with Dieng or White next to him in a flat 4. People doing the usual with Cordner and judging after one half decent game. I’d persist with JW and SH.

Exactly the same with "systems". I never know what people are actually trying to say on here but if you get lucky when the Scunthorpe shots bounce back of the post. Then steal a late winner after you have completely changed that system with subs....The original system at KO was a masterstroke.

If you play a much better side like Cambridge and create more chances in the first 45 than the last 3 matches put together. But lose due to some excellent individual technique by the opposition. Then the manger is a tinkering, PE teacher, out his depth and the players fall over because of his "system"

There’s a league 2 player in Hobson. With the right players around him, he’s an asset. Playing a different position every week no real structure around him, he looks wobbly - but you can’t blame him for that.

There’s a league 2 player in Hobson. With the right players around him, he’s an asset. Playing a different position every week no real structure around him, he looks wobbly - but you can’t blame him for that.
I can blame him for not being good enough at crosses: fourth goal, and then jogging around the box while almost tripping himself up as he watched it into the net.
He's static, slow and only really comes alive moving forward. All well and good, but that's not the bread and butter of a centre half.
I'd like to see him do the basics regardless of who's around him. Confidence is a factor, but at 23, in June, I'm not sure he has the essentials in his armory.

Back