• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shortest period in a job.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
What is the shortest period of time you have stayed in a job before leaving?

I am six weeks in and have another six weeks of my probationary period. I took a big pay cut to move into a more interesting field and my skills are not being used. If things dont improve in the next six weeks I may very well move on before my notice period becomes months rather than one week.

Still when I worked in a factory new hires woukd often do a runner before the first tea break...

At my last place we had a new reporter start, turned up at 9am prompt, nipped out for a fag at 10:30 and never came back. I envied him by the end of my time there to be fair.

8 hours at a bakery in Westcliff.Temporary student (6th form) job.Couldn't stick not doing anything more interesting than making up cardboard boxes all day.

My younger brother (not Rob Noxious ,the other one), stuck it out for a fortnight.I did the Xmas post instead.

I worked at a company in Ockendon briefly and it was like going back in time to the 70s. I started in October, rang a recruitment firm within the first morning to get me back on the Railway, sadly took until March the following year before I could resign, but I left the very day I handed in my resignation letter with 4 weeks money in my pocket. Should have taken the ***** for a lot more....I still have nightmares.

Started my real first job up in London,2 weeks,after one week i told the lads at work i was not coming in on friday,was going to Stockport v SUfC (1972).
They told the boss,he asked me if i was coming in on friday,it was the biggest day of the year,i said "yes",but knew Stockport away was more important,,,come monday morning..sacked

Many, many moons ago there was only one Macdonalds in the Southend area and I managed to get a job there ( many wanted a job there) well, I last three hours and was the worst job I had ever done but, I did manage to eat two burgers in the time I was there

Many, many moons ago there was only one Macdonalds in the Southend area and I managed to get a job there ( many wanted a job there) well, I last three hours and was the worst job I had ever done but, I did manage to eat two burgers in the time I was there

Hope you weren't doing the cooking

20 minutes. Music PR - I was there going through my duties and the guy had a phone call saying his biggest client was leaving. I heard him saying 'that means I'm bankrupt'. We went to the pub and played pool and talked about his travels with Newcastle United and got totally smashed.

20 minutes. Music PR - I was there going through my duties and the guy had a phone call saying his biggest client was leaving. I heard him saying 'that means I'm bankrupt'. We went to the pub and played pool and talked about his travels with Newcastle United and got totally smashed.

Now thats the way to go.

I have often thought about getting a job at McDonalds, making the king of burgers when no one is looking and then doing a runner.

Ten months for me.

A pal of mine had a spot of bad luck recently. Started a new job on the Monday. Sent to Spain to meet colleagues on the Tuesday for three days. On the Friday, a new gambling law was passed in the Netherlands, which cut his firm's business by 90% in one fell swoop. He was let go on the Monday.

Back