• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shortlist

ozzy-shrimper

Map Reader
I thought it would be interesting to make a thread to see who they think we realistically could/should sign.
So who do you reckon would be signing?

For me Daniel Jones from Wolves. He was on loan to Northampton from there last season and was quite impressive

Donald Duck to rival Daryll in goal, oh sorry you said 'realistically' we all know in our hearts that Donald would never come here

Hal Robson Kanu - Loan Or Permanant.
Mulgrew - Again Loan Or Permanant.

And hopefully 2 decent wingers 3 if Gower goes! A Striker and another CB and GK : D

that many wont come in but thats what i think we should be aiming for!

Lee Frecklington - Gower replacement
Darren Byfield - Imagine his missus at Roots Hall
Daniel Jones
Max Gradel
Mulgrew
Anthony Grant
A Big experienced Centre Half
Dean Brill

Garry Breen, Keith Lowe and Kevin O'connor were all released from Wolves. Might see us getting one of these as well as Mulgrew on a loan.

I think we will go for Darren Byfield although he is wanted by some championship clubs.. and he has rejected us before. Think we will go in for Leon Clarke if we dont get Byfield, whether he will be accepted by the fans or not I dont know but ill give him another chance..

Another striker.. Adam Proudlock, got 10 for stockport last season and has been released. Maybe a freebe for Tilly

Last edited:
I do not want any of those 3 players released by wolves. If we're serious about promotion next season we need better than that.

I'll add Riki Lambert to my list as well. I think he would be a fantastic signing.

Another striker.. Adam Proudlock, got 10 for stockport last season and has been released. Maybe a freebe for Tilly[/quote]

Proudlock is bad news and has bit of a reputation for over endulging the night before a game/training.

Wolves booted him out after turning up drunk for training on more than one ocassion.

Right i would like to see an experienced goal keeper come in aged about 34 who is the right height of say 6.4

I would like to see both lockwood and chrissy powell come in to challenge for left back whilst powell coaches the defence and gains some badges.

Would like to see a big strong no nonsense defender of 6.2+ (ala Prior) who will deal with set peices and wont sh it himself away at leeds for the last ten minutes.

Up front i would like us to go for A veteran striker of say Byfield or Horsfield etc aswell as signing a very talented youngster who can play the wing and upfront from the likes of arsenal/tottenham.

On the wing i would love us to make a bid for Jay Simpson at millwall. Very classy ,but may cost 250k or atleast someone in the that pacy mould.
John oster has been released by reading aswell he would be good.

Wouldnt mind seeing an old head in the middle perhaps a premier team that has been relegated may have a 34 year old ala gary speed to hold the ball and wear games out for the last 20 mins.

That should just about do it.

Back