• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Duncan Jupp be dropped

Should Duncan Jupp be dropped - Poll

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Difficult one to call.

If Hunt considers himself a utility man, he would be happy playing anywhere within his utility position. Although he's played very well in central midfield, I still reckon (although wasn't aprty to the original critics) that it limits our attacking options. Don't think his effort went unnoticed mind. He got in to some great attacking positions from midfield Saturday, above and beyond what I expected, but I couldn't help thinking Bentley would have tucked them away with his better outright pace and attacking prowess.

Then again, if Hunt wants to establish himself in one position, he'd be gutted to be dropped. I'm pretty sure players get wind of who gets MotM and he'll know he's done a good job. If this is the case, well, I reckon Tilly will have to stick with Hunt but keep him with a critical eye. A bad half, and BEntley's got to be brought on to have a crack. Bear in mind Bents was also playing well before he was dropped.

And before anyone mentions Maher, Hunt's picked two MotMs playing the more attacking midfield role so the change of position argument would still ring true.

(apologies to the grammar purists for using and at the beginning of a sentence)

No No and No,

First off would debate the fact that Jupp has been poor in last few games. Didnt go Shrewsbury but by all accounts sounds like he was poor and same maybe with Scunny but Swansea game thought he was superb - Overlapped Petts well and got in some good tackels when needed and against Boston he was among a back 4 that block nearly everything that Boston threw at us. So dont think he has been that bad.

Williams has done nothing to make me think he is ready for first team football and wouldnt even consider him as an option.

As for Hunt I would question his defence abilities. It was his back header that gave the boston striker the chance to lob darryl for his sending off and Hunts inability to clear the ball that cost us the winning goal vs Wycombe.

Would like to see bentley back on sat and Jupp kept at right back as he is a tidy player who provides good attacking support. My only critism of Jupp is he is a stroppy ******* who never claps the fans who pay his wages.

DtS

As you said Dave you didnt got to Shrewsbury and on that performance alone he should be dropped, we need to play our strongest eleven for each game and right now I dont think Jupp is good enough to make that team.

How about keeping Juppy at right-back, keeping Hunt at centre-mid and playing Bentley on the right in place of Petts?

I can't comment on Jupp's performance against Shrewsbury as I wasn't there but while his form is clearly erratic at the moment, I still think he's the best option we have at right-back.

It's safe to assume Hunt will be playing in midfield on Saturday as Tilly has hinted so himself, and my reservation about playing him at right-back would be his lack of height - big opposition centre-forwards may take advantage of this by peeling off Prior/Barrett onto Hunt at the far post and winning headers. Jupp is very good in the air and won lots of very important headers in that area against Swansea and Boston when we were under the cosh.

As for Petts, I think he's a very decent, wholehearted player but if Maher and Hunt do line up in central midfield, then I'd rather have Bentley and Gower on the wings to give us a more dynamic look going forward.

Yes, yes, yes and more yes.

I just can't see why he should be guaranteed a place week in week out. He gives away the ball more than any other player in the team, which constantly puts us in trouble and he can be very erratic. Hunt forced his way into a First Division side at right back, let's give him a go there, as before long we'll need Bentley back in the middle of midfield.

Considering all the previous posts and one in particular referring to Jupp's last 4 games, where it is being implied that Jupp seems to play well at home and not so good on the road? maybe, to satisfy both sides of the argument, Jupp should be replaced with Hunt on our next away fixture, to see if we can stop the problems down that side...
wow.gif

Personally, I would like to see Hunt replace Jupp Saturday, BUT having said that, I have great faith in Tilson & Brush to come up smelling of roses whoever they play TBH. I doubt it will be an issue that will resolve itself here... all we are really doing is adding to our "posts counter"
tounge.gif

UP THE SHRIMPERS!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 27 2004,12:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 27 2004,13:47)]... all we are really doing is adding to our "posts counter"  
tounge.gif

UP THE SHRIMPERS!  
laugh.gif
No we're not! or maybe we are... Woohooooooooooo 3625!
Trust you to take me literally!  
rock.gif

You'll have to do a forfeit for that... go and stand over in the corner (any corner!) and don't move!  
tounge.gif

PS: a corner is where two walls meet!  
laugh.gif

Back