• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should I stay or should i go????

Should I stay or Go ?

• Stay

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Go

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberdeen Shrimper

After the abusive e-mails i have had from the odd couple of posters (you know who you are) saying i should quite ShrimperZone, it got me thinking, if i am not welcome then should I go.

Please please do not see this as a blow smoke up my ar*se thread or batter me to death thread.

I know that i have pis*sed a few folk off with my pig headed views but that is me, for better or worse.

The upshot of this is that if i get more than 50% votes saying that i should leave by Thursday night then i will leave for good before the Carlisle game no problem, no comments.

It will be a private vote so don’t worry about saying the truth peeps

Dave

Bollox....can a mod add a 2 answer poll please, I clicked the wrong button before posting a Poll

Er why? Dont listen to a few saddos out there who want to gang up and a throw there weight around. As I dont now the ins and outs of why you are getting some jip and funy e,mails but one thing I do now and that is, the day zoners start ganging up on other zoners because they dont agree with what you say is the day I am off as well because if you cannot express an opinion about things and subjects (as long as there are no racial tones or sexually demeaning) then its a free country. I certainly dont agree with alot of things said on this board, but everyone has a right to there opinion whether I like it or not and the day that stops is the day I say enough. I must have the lowest number of posts for the amount of time I joined shrimperzone so Just do what I do, .........lurk alot!

I get the feeling that if this goes the wrong way it won't only be Aberdeen Shrimper who goes as there are some unpleasant undercurrents around. Don't you dare go, if you do it will make this board a much more boring place. You know how I've voted and I encourage all those impartials out there to show him your support also.

After the abusive e-mails i have had from the odd couple of posters (you know who you are) saying i should quite ShrimperZone, it got me thinking, if i am not welcome then should I go.

Please please do not see this as a blow smoke up my ar*se thread or batter me to death thread.

I know that i have pis*sed a few folk off with my pig headed views but that is me, for better or worse.

The upshot of this is that if i get more than 50% votes saying that i should leave by Thursday night then i will leave for good before the Carlisle game no problem, no comments.

It will be a private vote so don’t worry about saying the truth peeps

Dave

Bollox....can a mod add a 2 answer poll please, I clicked the wrong button before posting a Poll

Erm **** them mate I **** loads of people off but there you go!!! if people send you abusive e-mails tell me and i will sort it!

Stay Dave. 99% of people on here are good sorts. I suggest you click ignore on the certain someone that's ****ing you off.

Seems to me there are far too many WUMs out there who know exactly whose and which buttons to press. Just get a grip everyone and STOP IT! Having been on the receiving end of some, I can assure you that I, for one, found it hurtful and completely unnecessary. There's obviously different sets of people on here who, for whatever reason, just don't get on so I suggest that they (me included) just ignore the tactics employed to provoke reactions, whether that's in a post, a pointless neg rep or whatever. I don't want to lose any of the decent folk on here, come on A_S - ignore what's been going on.

Do you want. If you are really that pig-headed, you won't give a toss about a few vocal w@nkers!!

Its your life, enjoy it, even if Aberdeen can't beat Queen Of The South!!

I can't stand alot of your posts but don't quit.Same goes for MK who I wound up last week,and dear old Glasgow, come back soon.

Sometimes it's good that people have a pop at you on here. In my circumstances, it made me focus on other things. I've now had two people tell me to get a life so I did. So my thanks to both.

I only post occassionally, and my style is still too direct for which I apologise.
I think you try to stamp your mark on all threads, and I think that has been noticeable.

In summary, SZ is free, and I would guess a vital source to those who live away from Essex . It's easy to get wound up, it gets a bit cliquey (whoops I will get another public dressing down from a certain MOD for use of the C word) but stick with it.

I can't stand alot of your posts but don't quit.Same goes for MK who I wound up last week,and dear old Glasgow, come back soon.

I'm still here, just not been on much for last week as I've been off work & out of the country! Do you not agree with a lot of my posts then?

I'm still here, just not been on much for last week as I've been off work & out of the country! Do you not agree with a lot of my posts then?

That comment was about AS.

Being a sensitive little flower, I can't believe people send abusive PMs, all very heated is'nt it?

I look forward to when we can get back to talking about kits,gazelle addiction,etc.

I look forward to when we can get back to talking about kits,gazelle addiction,etc.

I am working on it, I am going to scan in all the possible options for next season's home shirt tonight from the new Nike Teamwear collection!

Oh & my jaw has just returned into place from seeing all the Originals stuff in the Berlin adidas shop last week.

Anyway, before anybody says it, this is :offtopic: so, back to the original question in hand.............

Now I realise why you came to bed so late……

You can probably guess what I have voted for….but if not I voted that you should stay in Shrimperzone.

There are many reasons why I feel like that….but mostly its because you have met a number of great people through the zone and some of them you have now met personally and others you will in the future. These folk that you have a good friendship with are the salt of the earth and the contribution they make to the Zone is fantastic, surely this is what makes all this hassle worthwhile. Without them and others the Zone wouldn’t be what it is today.

We all have to remember that not everyone is going to have the same point of view. And regardless of how passionate someone is, not everyone will feel that passion. I do however feel that some people purposely try to be something they are not in order to get a response – they obviously get a kick from being so negative all the time, but what goes round comes round.

A_S, you are better than that (some may not see that – others will). I probably know you that bit better than others and I know how passionate and animated you can get– but I wouldn’t have you any other way.

I don’t contribute much to the Zone and perhaps that’s the right way, as I don’t get involved in all the fractions that there are and sometimes I feel that I would say too much. I view more than I script.

At the end of the day, no poll regardless of the results should make you decide on whether you stay or go. Nobody will like everybody all of the time.

As Mikhail Gorbachev once said “Freedom of choice is a universal principle to which there should be no exceptions”.

So A_S that includes you – its your choice on whether you stay or whether you go

At the end of the day, no poll regardless of the results should make you decide on whether you stay or go. Nobody will like everybody all of the time.

As Mikhail Gorbachev once said “Freedom of choice is a universal principle to which there should be no exceptions”.

So A_S that includes you – its your choice on whether you stay or whether you go

And on those wise words, it seems like an excellent time to lock this thread. ShrimperZone is never going to be a place where other users decide who posts, who stays and who goes.

As Numphgirl says, it's your choice A_S but we're not going to have a poll on it.

As for PMs, if anyone receives PMs they do not wish to receive, ask the other poster to stop sending them. If they don't stop, refer them to the mods or the owners and they will put a stop to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back