• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should RM put the club up for sale in the public domain?

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
A lot of the current discussion on here surrounds whether or not RM should publicly put the club "up for sale"

And I am not talking about him inviting a few mates "from the city" down for a chat. I am talking about it clearly being stated in the media, that our club is available for purchase (In the loosest possible sense of course, bearing in mind the debt would have to be swallowed)... Perhaps including the planning for the FF development also.

Would that benefit our club?

Could it provide an alternative option/s?

Do you think RM would consider it?

Or is it a case of better the devil you know?

Would it help RM to "unite" the fan base, if no viable party stepped forward?

Discuss and please vote a simple "Yes" or "No" in the poll. It will be interesting to see whether the fan base believes he has done all he can and whether it is time to put out an SOS to drive us forward. And perhaps save himself from financial ruin in the process.

Last edited:
Yes he should and I believe that ultimately this will happen.

Would that benefit our club?

Depends if they have the money to supplement FF and our running costs.

Could it provide an alternative option/s?

Could an alternative option provide an alternative option?

Do you think RM would consider it?

Doubt it.

there's nothing to sell, it's just a pile of debt. the club doesn't own the ground or the plans.

there's nothing to sell, it's just a pile of debt. the club doesn't own the ground or the plans.

Or ever will do with RM in charge. Interesting story in todays Times about Kettering, who got forced out of one ground then tookover Nene Park (Rushden old ground) and are about to go to the wall as they are being charged £12,500 per month rent whilst playing way down the pyramid.

What he said... I don't see how just selling the club is going to make anything better. We'll just have Ron as a landlord whose companies will then presumably want some rent for the property they own.

Unless you mean Ron sells the club and all of the companies that own the land and the planning permissions etc.

For what its worth I don't believe people truly understand how much money Ron stands to make out of this whole deal. My estimation would be that he stands to make a decent slice of a pot worth tens of millions of pounds in the end. He's possibly very close to the end of this venture now and appears to have enough nous to be able to hold on.

For what its worth, I wouldn't be surprised if the end-game for Ron might even be somebody (Sainsbury perhaps?) stepping in and offering him a reasonable size pot of gold to step aside and let them finish things off.

The only way he would sell the club would be if some madman came in with a 30-40 million pound bid.

Do you not think that Fossets is not a viable sale or prospect?

Yes I do, but that wasn't the original question. I'd be happy for Ron to publicly call for external investment/partnership in the FF development.

A potential buyer could purchase the whole package of course, including the stadium project.

Whether its realistic for someone to have that sort of money or not who knows.

What he said... I don't see how just selling the club is going to make anything better. We'll just have Ron as a landlord whose companies will then presumably want some rent for the property they own.

Unless you mean Ron sells the club and all of the companies that own the land and the planning permissions etc.

For what its worth I don't believe people truly understand how much money Ron stands to make out of this whole deal. My estimation would be that he stands to make a decent slice of a pot worth tens of millions of pounds in the end. He's possibly very close to the end of this venture now and appears to have enough nous to be able to hold on.

For what its worth, I wouldn't be surprised if the end-game for Ron might even be somebody (Sainsbury perhaps?) stepping in and offering him a reasonable size pot of gold to step aside and let them finish things off.

Indeed, I was wondering if he was seeing this as his 'last' deal and was hoping that someone would pay him well to take over the club and FF.

I don't think it's particularly feasible to think that anyone would offer him the sort of cash that I guess he'd need in order to get out and remain solvent. But I guess that's not the question that Smiffy is asking.

I don't think it's particularly feasible to think that anyone would offer him the sort of cash that I guess he'd need in order to get out and remain solvent. But I guess that's not the question that Smiffy is asking.

Suppose it depends on what money the development generates. If it clears Rons Debts then the buyer can pay that bit extra and get it back when they complete it.

Seems unlikely someone could come in mid project though.

And before it happens, lets not turn this into an I love RM/I hate RM free for all. Lets have some reasoned debate on the pro's and con's of a potential sale.

I am loathe to vote because there are just too many factors involved here. Yes, put it up for sale if the buyer can guarantee covering all our debts/running costs/future development, but I fear that is not likely to happen.
I fear we are better off with a man who has so much to gain from keeping us afloat (though it does feel as though the water is always up to our nostrils) and so much to lose by letting us sink.
I can't help but feel that our best solution is a business partner who could guarantee success for Ron's plans and further success for the team.

I don't think the club has any actual assets to sell, most of it is owned or owed to RM's array of business interests, it would seem. I don't see too many punters out there with 10 to 20 mil in their pocket to buy out RM and then push up to a 100k a month in to a loss making enterprise.

This does seem to be a no win exercise, discussing something thats not going to happen unless 1 of you lucky people wins the MegaMillions jackpot in the very near future and RM does a deal with you.

Back