• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Before everyone goes on and on forever about Hendrie not starting, it's because he's not 100% fit. He's not fully recovered from limping off 2 games ago.

Brown said we are half a team until our players are back fit well tonight he has left 2 on the bench so what are we know a quarter of a team and davewebbsbrain you obviously know nothing about football if you rate Demi at left back!! He can't play right back!!

Well I never said I rate Demi at left back. If you can find where I said that then you are a magician. He is no worse than Hendire (no I didn't misspell) who is Pony. The day I listen to you and your opinions is the day I see an alien

Looks 451 to me.

Away to top of the league in crappy weather with a make shift team and defence, so makes sense to me to try too ground something out.

Not very attractive though and cant see us winning it.

Cheers that makes total sense , what about white?

Groin injury.

On a positive note, I am weirdly looking forward to listening even more now. There is that sense of hope that maybe they adversity brown is going to find an 11 and formation that just "works".

i know I know, haven't taken my medication- we live in hope, it's what supporting SUFC is all about

Well I never said I rate Demi at left back. If you can find where I said that then you are a magician. He is no worse than Hendire (no I didn't misspell) who is Pony. The day I listen to you and your opinions is the day I see an alien
Hendrie is pony can you tel me why you think this?

This has to be the right move, in principle. By that I mean mixing up the starting line up and trying other options both in terms of lineup and tactics/formation.

Whether this is the right set of specific choices we shall see! I predict a scoreline other than 0-0. Please God be a win...

I know very little about football and nowhere as much as Phil does. However, it seems to me that the team he has picked tonight has no feasible chance of winning this game. I'll enjoy listening to the three points rolling in later tonight!

Seriously though, anything other than a loss and I'll be genuinely shocked.

To me logic says we could have started with the following out of that lot;

Oxley
Elvis Lenny Ferdinand Kyprianou
Demetriou Timlin Dru McLaughlin
Cox MAF

subs: Smith, Hendrie, Bridge, Klass, McGlashan, Robinson, Ba

seems a lot more balanced IMHO

Yes indeed-who says this is not how we'll line up,apart from (Brown lunacy!)McGlashan playing instead of our only goal scorer Cox!

Brown has lost the plot!!! He has a left back in the team but plays a right back there!!! Set up with 5 in midfield obvious we are playing for a draw

Demetriou came through Orient's academy as a left back. Quote from an O's supporter and friend of mine when I asked where he played back in the day:

'I'd play him at left midfield, left back and only right back if I had to.'

I think he'll be fine. Hendrie obviously isn't fit to start.

If we don't get something today, I do fear our season. We can't keep chasing every season from a poor start.

Yes indeed-who says this is not how we'll line up,apart from (Brown lunacy!)McGlashan playing instead of our only goal scorer Cox!

Not sure you can call Cox a goalscorer at the moment, the only goal he has managed looked suspiciously like Demetriou's in the replays, for whatever reason he's not in good form (then again no one is apart from Leonard and I suppose Oxley at the moment).

Back