• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bury Shrimper

I have to say the atmosphere that the Southend fans created yesterday was absolutely awesome. I've not heard a continuous backing like that for a long time from any set of fans anywhere. Started after 60 minutes and didn't let up at all until the game ended.
Proud to be a Shrimper

I have to say the atmosphere that the Southend fans created yesterday was absolutely awesome. I've not heard a continuous backing like that for a long time from any set of fans anywhere. Started after 60 minutes and didn't let up at all until the game ended.
Proud to be a Shrimper
After 60 minutes? Heard on the radio WELL before that!

Was great to sing 'Blue Army' for pretty much all of the second half. We haven't done that for ages. Even kept it going after the final whistle.

That's what great support is like. And it's far more fun getting behind the team like that than complaining about Smith punching or saying Benyon's ****.

Old Blue Lady, please read my message again. From the 60th minute, the backing was continuous till the end of the game. I never said thats when it started!

Was great to sing 'Blue Army' for pretty much all of the second half. We haven't done that for ages. Even kept it going after the final whistle.

That's what great support is like. And it's far more fun getting behind the team like that than complaining about Smith punching or saying Benyon's ****.

It's all about continual beating of the drum and 10 people to get it going then it becomes a snow ball effect

Reminds me of the good old days in the north bank where the blue army chant could last 45 mins or after the opposing keeper took a goal kick and the aaaarrrgggh after 'you're ****' lasted ages

It had me thinking we should all work harder at creating this kind of atmosphere at Roots Hall. We would all enjoy the games that much more. Having said that their home support was verually non exsistant. They behaved like they were in a Library whilst we were the noisy night club next door.

We started singing and chanting from the time the players came onto the pitch until the stadium clock ticked past the 13th minute mark. The away end then fell into the same silence as the rest of the ground. The word seemingly been well circulated to those who had travelled up from Essex and elsewhere including our Yorkshire Blues followers, regarding the tribute in respect to our former No.14. Then as the clock illuminated the 14th minute along with the beating of the drum there was spontanius applause to which many home supporters joined in. A very touching moment which was then followed with songs and chants of 'Mitchell Cole' which continued for several minutes.

Despite going a goal down the away end was still where the volume came from and 'the faithful' were rewarded with a great solo effort by our new hero Gavin Tomlin. I know many of us thought he was a good team player but apart from our Manager how many of us dared to hope he would turn out to aspire to where he is now, with what looks to be more to come.

Having taken half-time refreshements, the Blue's choir continued in strong voice in the 2nd half. However it was revealled that we had simply been 'warming up', as from the 60th minute the chant of "Blue Army" was sung without interuption through to the final whistle. This was accompanied by some jigging and Daddy dancing down the front in which even the stewards joined in with as they had little else to do knowing they would have no trouble with us.

The joy's of supporting the Blues away, little wonder the team seem to perform with more freedom. If only the atmosphere around the ground at home was more often like this.

I hope we have a good attendance on Tuesday as I understand the Chairman & co already have plans in motion for a tribute to Mitchell Cole and that many ex-players will be there including Adam Barrett who had expressed his intention to be with us, prior to yesterdays games. Do try to be there and join in the respects for our former No.14.

Last edited:
Pushing for north bank for reply at the moment

Good, this has to happen if the club knows whats good for them. How many "librarians" will Bury bring down? It would be worth putting the 10 or so in a hospitality box and let us have the whole North to ourselves. :smile:

Thought the bury fans where absolutely ****! Never seen home fans like it! At least the east greens stamp their feet!?!

Thought this cole tribute was brilliant
Was wondering do you think the club will retire the 14 shirt next year as a mark of respect?

Pushing for north bank for reply at the moment

In a game where the attendance is lower than normal isnt it better to have people in the South / East and west?

Seems counter productive to get people in the north bank if it means they then dont open other stands?

Proud to be a Shrimper

Thats because I decided to return from the bar after missing the 1st hour and both goals

Back