• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpermans Official Album of the Week

shrimperman

Manager
The Grates - Gravity Won't Get You High

Best Track - Science is Golden

... and heres a link to there myspace page with a selection of four tracks from the album

Any other favourites this week chaps?

The new Shins album is great, highly recommended if you like melodic alt. rock. Also heard a leak of the new Bloc Party album this weeek and wasn't impressed at all - same old, same old but the songs aren't as good as the debut.

jarvis is quality... not out yet but the new deerhoof album is a blinder as well

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Nov. 24 2006,12:44)]not out yet but the new deerhoof album is a blinder as well
Indeed it is. And have you heard The Curtains (Chris Cohen, formerly of Deerhoof) album? More poppy than Deerhoof but still great.

my mate is banging on about the curtains, i'll check them out

and that chris clark album is AMAZING! frau wav (track 2)is so so so so so so good

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Nov. 24 2006,13:08)]my mate is banging on about the curtains, i'll check them out

and that chris clark album is AMAZING! frau wav (track 2)is so so so so so so good
Yeah, I'm loving the Clark album. Been a bit disappointed with most electronic stuff this year but that and the last Villalobos release have renewed my faith.

yeah i agree, the squarepusher album was disappointing (although saw him live at the electric proms and he was quality), cant remember if the afx analords was this year but that was the last album before clark to get me excited... BOCs ep and last album havent lasted the test of time for me really

The last BoC album was definitely disappoiting, I liked the EP from this year though. The Analord 12"s were 2005, the comp was this year. Scanning my list of favourite 2006 releases (yes, I'm that much of an anorak when it comes to music), these are the only other electronic albums that made the cut; Nathan Fake, Keith Fullerton Whitman, Belbury Poly and Dosh (and his last album was actually not very electronic).

cool i'll check out those names

yeah the comp of analords was what i was on about... quality mix cos i found some of the 12'' analords a bit hit and miss

Unfortuanatley/fortunatley my playlist this week of new(ish) stuff has been

Beatles~Love

Vice Squad~ Defiance, which none of you will like because its not high brow or arty farty enough

I did start listening to U2's singles but I felt guilty as I was eating a big meal and thought bono wouldn't approve, so I turned it off.

...Oh and Meatloaf Bat no.III   where's FM13 when you need someone to talk about sweaty old rock stars?  (the albums pretentious w*nk by the way)

The new Incubus album (Light Grenades) is amazing - their best yet I feel.

Anna-Molly and Dig in particular are great tracks...

Back