• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News SHRIMPERS TRUST SUPPORT FOR UKRAINIAN REFUGEES – YOUR HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
What is happening in Ukraine right now defies belief, and the impact of it all will, it seems, only grow, and be felt, for years to come.

Like many, we at the Shrimpers Trust have discussed how best we can help those in need, not just by words of support but by meaningful action. That’s why we have partnered with our friends and retro shirt suppliers World Retro, who are based in Poland. The incredible sacrifice and support shown by the Polish people, and indeed that of World Retro, has been inspiring, helping huge numbers of refugees fleeing their war-torn home.

Lots is being done by many different agencies to help feed and clothe the incoming refugee population, and it seems that all of Poland is geared to doing what they can, but the refugees need to be moved on to suitable places for their new temporary homes. World Retro have worked astonishingly hard to focus on making this transportation process work for those eligible to come to the UK, devising a plan to move them from the Ukrainian border to a Polish airport, working with airline Wizz Air to provide seats to fly them to the UK, and then for the new arrivals to be greeted and taken to their new homes over here. All of this work is done by volunteers and funded for by them aside from the relatively modest cost of the flight, and this is where we come in.
Ukraine Support.jpg

In working with World Retro, we have designed a unique scarf which will be available to purchase for £20. This money is being used to fund the cost of bringing one refugee to safe passage in the UK. So, for EVERY scarf purchased YOU are helping to bring ONE person to a place of safety away from the horrors of the war that is ravaging through their country.

We cannot do everything, but we can do something, and we hope to soon see many of these scarves being proudly worn at Roots Hall and beyond. So please, if you can, purchase a scarf and show your support.

https://world-retro.com/product/ukraine-refugee-travel-scarf-southend/

We know that many of you are already playing your part to help in other ways, but our wish is that in creating this facility we are doing something for our football family to show their support to do something which will meet a very real need and at the same time demonstrate our care for all those who are suffering so terribly.​

Just to add that I spoke to Cricko about this n advance to get approval for this to go on the main forum

The work that has gone in to this has been quite considerable and the effort being made by our World Retro friends is just incredible. Words are not enough for what they are doing

Of course there are many great appeals out there already for the Ukrainian crisis but this one we just feel is a little bit different and I have not seen any other football supporter group do something like this so far.

Not only is it Shrimper related (and the club are supporting this too) but it both does a) provide the important symbolic part with the scarf and b) even more importantly provides targeted help where it is really needed. In speaking to people on the ground out in Poland the refugee log jam out there is just horrific, this seeks to help pick out of that mass of humanity those who are eligible to come to the UK, wrap an arm around them, and make the last legs of their journey just that little bit easier

There has been media comment in the last day about the miniscule number that have got to the UK so far. That should hopefully sort itself out very soon but World Retro have taken the step of ensuring that there is legal help needed at the UK airport end if needed.

I will keep all updated on here re the appeal as it moves forward. For now the only way to be part of it is via the website link given. We are looking in to the logistics of getting a supply to a match day to sell but that does need a few things to be resolved

Thank you all for your interest. Just let me know if any questions w=either by posting on here or by sending me a direct message

Purchased..this has been so difficult for me lately as my dad was Ukrainian and it hurts so much..Going to Trafalgar Square at the weekend helped but so has the diversion and escapism of footy..to have Southend and Ukraine combined like this actually makes me quite emotional...Slava Ukraini

Purchased..this has been so difficult for me lately as my dad was Ukrainian and it hurts so much..Going to Trafalgar Square at the weekend helped but so has the diversion and escapism of footy..to have Southend and Ukraine combined like this actually makes me quite emotional...Slava Ukraini
Wishing you, your family and all Ukrainians sincere love and prayers. A truly horrible situation that should not be happening. such sad tv viewing

@Shrimperstrust . Paul this is a fabulous idea. Would the club not agree to sell them in the shop and do a bucket collection around the ground before the next home game ( not tomorrow) I know we did one before and it worked well?
The club have been in touch with Macron and they have agreed that they can be sold in the shop, the logistics still need to be sorted out.
It wouldn't be for a while yet as they need to be manufactured.

Good ide re the bucket collection.

Purchased. Any idea timescale to when we will receive it?

As had been said they are made in Poland and will take three to four weeks but all efforts are being made to get the delivery's out asap

I am in discussion with World Retro re them getting a bulk order delivered to my house so that once i get that i can sort out new orders from that point really quickly (less than a week) tho that of course carries the risk of ending up with an unsold batch.

@Shrimperstrust . Paul this is a fabulous idea. Would the club not agree to sell them in the shop and do a bucket collection around the ground before the next home game ( not tomorrow) I know we did one before and it worked well?
The bucket collection idea was offered to me earlier today by April which was kind of her. Will be thinking on that one, as you say they can work well (the one we did for the Moody Blues campaign was just fabulous) but logistics need to be thought out. Will keep all posted on that.

The bucket collection idea was offered to me earlier today by April which was kind of her. Will be thinking on that one, as you say they can work well (the one we did for the Moody Blues campaign was just fabulous) but logistics need to be thought out. Will keep all posted on that.
Why would you need to think on it? It would raise loads to help with flights etc so just do it! :Smile:

Back