• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone Chat Room

shrimpadmin

The SZ Chat Room is currently a work in progress but it is the platform that we will be using moving forwards due to its more effective integration with the Zone.

There were some problems yesterday (due mainly to a communication breakdown between owners who have other jobs to do/lives to live) but these have largely been rectified now.

Our apologies for the problems yesterday and our thanks for your patience.

Tips on using the new Chat Room

When you click on the navbar to enter the new Chat Room, it now launches a new window with the Chat Room embedded into the ShrimperZone website.

Click on the image to expand.

chat6.jpg

1) You will be logged into the Chat Lobby
2) To choose a specific room, double-click on the target room
3) Make the chat room content smaller/larger
4) Click here if you prefer to increase the size of the chat-room in relation to your screen size. This undocks the chat room from the Zone website. If you click on the "maximise" square in the top right hand corner of the window, you can fill the whole screen.

We will be adding 'subtle graphics' to improve the look and feel, so please bear with us.

Thanks for the step by step guide. Was begining to have some anxiety attacks on how to do this!

<Give us some sensible feedback <

The chat room (as was on Sat) was unusable.You couldn't see what anyone had written because the background logo obscured (most of) all new comments.The typeface was very user unfriendly (compared to The Spread)and it was not possible to see more than two or three comments on the screen at any one time.

<Sorry but that comment is just stupid.<

I've been involved in adult education at University level for over thirty years now.I see and hear my students say stupid things every day but I wouldn't have stayed in my job as long as I have if I allowed myself the luxury of commenting on other people's stupidity as you have.
I've been a regular user of The Spread chatroom for a few years now and I've never known it to be as empty as it was on Sat.As the man said " if it aint broke why fix it?"

Up The Blues(and up you too!).

<Give us some sensible feedback <

The chat room (as was on Sat) was unusable.You couldn't see what anyone had written because the background logo obscured (most of) all new comments.The typeface was very user unfriendly (compared to The Spread)and it was not possible to see more than two or three comments on the screen at any one time.

<Sorry but that comment is just stupid.<

I've been involved in adult education at University level for over thirty years now.I see and hear my students say stupid things every day but I wouldn't have stayed in my job as long as I have if I allowed myself the luxury of commenting on other people's stupidity as you have.
I've been a regular user of The Spread chatroom for a few years now and I've never known it to be as empty as it was on Sat.As the man said " if it aint broke why fix it?"

Up The Blues(and up you too!).

Ooh, kinky. Thank you sir.

The difference between your job and ours is that you get paid for yours! Nonetheless, sorry if I offended you - it's just very difficult when you're putting a lot of time into something and the best feedback someone can give you is "It sucks!"

Anyway, much better feedback so thank you. At least I can respond to it properly now. It was definitely unusable on Saturday which is why we acknowledged it, explained it, apologised for it, and then made changes to it. Behind the scenes, there were all sorts of things broken with the old chat room and we did need to fix it.

Please have a look at the new incarnation. We've taken a lot of what's been said on board. It's still not quite finished, but I believe we're getting there.

Just a question, not a criticism, is there a reason behind replacing the Spread chat room? I always liked that and there was nothing wrong with it.

<Please have a look at the incarnation.<

Will do on Tuesday night.BTW I do realise you guys are unpaid and(believe or not)I really DO appreciate what you do.
As a matter of interest I still havn't seen (or heard)any reason as to why the sucessful Spread format was changed.Why was this exactly?

Just a question, not a criticism, is there a reason behind replacing the Spread chat room? I always liked that and there was nothing wrong with it.

Have a look at the (nearly finished) new one Hazey/Barcelona....One of the main problems with the old chatroom was that it was outside of the Zone and anybody could log in there even if they were not members of the Zone...we had many evenings spent banning people and had no idea who they were. now that it is integrated we have full control over it.

It is best to close all of your old browsers and start afresh to show all of the new updates to the Chatroom.

Just had a look at, and a little play in, the new chatroom. Yes, it is vastly improved on the effort that was there yesterday, so well done those involved, even though I'm sure you could have saved yourselves a bit of grief by trying it out before making it public?

Anyway, it's better now, that's the main thing, and I hope it all works out well.

One minor change I would ask, if it is possible, though is that in the old chatroom one press of the bold button was enough to make all your comments come out in bold type until you pressed the bold button again. On the new version you have to press the bold button every single time you write something, which would get a little bit annoying, particularly for the quiz, when it helps that the question setter and scorer are emboldened. Any chance this could be changed?

Back