• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The simplistic idea behind "rep" is it stops a hell of a lot of the purile "good post, agree with this, thumbs up" etc.. that would otherwise clog the board
And which still happens anyway, it's the other sort I take issue with. Out of interest, how many other forums have the same kind of function?

And which still happens anyway, it's the other sort I take issue with. Out of interest, how many other forums have the same kind of function?

As MK says its a bit of green or red at the end of the day. Its not life or death. If you dont like it then surely you can just not click on the repuation tab?

What classes as an active member though Cricko as I dont imagine you get 1489 seperate people posting.

Active means they visit the site in a 48 hour period..it does not mean they post....We have about 700- 900 members a day visit the site at the moment and you can double that with Guests,Bots and Spiders.

It costs that to run the Zone, we have 2 main sponsors but need to keep ahead of rising costs and any un-expected demands on our bank account. We could do with an additional £6-800 per year to give us a cushion.

So a full subscribed 100 club would give you £600 a year to help. Seems like a good idea to me.

As MK says its a bit of green or red at the end of the day. Its not life or death. If you dont like it then surely you can just not click on the repuation tab?

Doesn't bother me anymore, it's pointless and puerile but I still say it often amounts to bullying. The only time we should be "ganging up" to leave neg is if people like Spartan come on here mouthing off!

I've seen a few.

Like the sound of the 100 club, but as with the other fundraising events that have been done previously, it could just turn a financial burden into a time and effort burden for the owners. If it was simple to implement then it sounds good.

Anyone for or against putting The Pub behind a cheap paywall?

I've seen a few.

Like the sound of the 100 club, but as with the other fundraising events that have been done previously, it could just turn a financial burden into a time and effort burden for the owners. If it was simple to implement then it sounds good.

Anyone for or against putting The Pub behind a cheap paywall?
Sounds sensible, that way genuine football supporters visiting the site see Chit Chat and regular users can pay (or not) to use the Pub.

Active means they visit the site in a 48 hour period..it does not mean they post....We have about 900 members a day visit the site at the moment and you can double that with Guests,Bots and Spiders.

So, if you offered a two tier service (SZ and SZlite) you could probably charge an almost nominal fee, and remove the shortfall.

Be interesting to see how many of the regulars visit different forums, but if you kept some of the site free (ie the main Shrimpers chat bit) and charged for example £3 a year for access to other forums then I'd be surprised if you didn't get at least 200 payers, and probably a lot more. That still means that fans can get free access to the latest Shrimper news, and have the option of paying for extras. Rather than being a two tier system by which one set of posters are deemed superior (even if only in their eyes) to the rest, you'll have all posters equal, just that some can post elsewhere

Doesn't bother me anymore, it's pointless and puerile but I still say it often amounts to bullying. The only time we should be "ganging up" to leave neg is if people like Spartan come on here mouthing off!

So bullying is ok when it's someone you don't like or doesn't support SUFC? Don't see that at all and very poor form.

To emphasize my point about Guests etc..they currently outnumber the members and this does not include the spiders etc.

There are currently 82 members and 98 guests online.

To emphasize my point about Guests etc..they currently outnumber the members and this does not include the spiders etc.

There are currently 82 members and 98 guests online.

By making some areas subscription only (especially at a low subscription) you may well find some of the guests sign up to see what's what. Even if they don't, 700-900 currently a day should give you sufficient payers for your needs even if most don't pay

The simplistic idea behind "rep" is it stops a hell of a lot of the purile "good post, agree with this, thumbs up" etc.. that would otherwise clog the board

Just as an aside to this topic another forum I use has a "thanks" button on every post so you can click it if you agree/find that post useful. If you do decide to bin the "rep" maybe that's a solution?
Back on topic the 100 club idea sounds feasible to me.

P.S. anyone moaning about rep on this thread should be aware of the consequences!! ;)

Forgive me if I am wrong, I'm guessing, but there are a few food outlets and pubs that do well from us on a regular basis but give nothing to the club (for reasons we won't go into). Perhaps they could be persuaded to have some collection jars on the counter and add the odd £50 or £100 for goodwill?

Whilst I agree on Spartan isnt that also bullying of sorts using your own definition.

Back