• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silence

Wouldn’t waste your time asking mate you won’t get proper answers and are more likely to get blocked for asking questions.

What a disaster this whole situation is now. Communication is non existent and we are just being taken for mugs every day
Blocked by who, for asking questions?

Even if positive news comes from the club ie Martin can you believe him no doubt another tax bill in November then another embargo.
I can’t see Maher and co being here next season I really don’t
On a positive note I think we have enough in the squad to fight to get in the playoffs I think the. Highest positioned club is digger daggers
Keep positive people we could be in a rubber dinghy in the channel

Seems very strange that there seems to be a total communication block since the so called bridging loan.Since 2008 all we have had from Ron are broken promises due to his financial inability to fund his pay day.
The paying public at this low level are the clubs survival and what amounts to abusing their goodwill at this stage will lead to a breakdown and possible end of the club in its current form.
Why the silence?

Even if positive news comes from the club ie Martin can you believe him no doubt another tax bill in November then another embargo.
I can’t see Maher and co being here next season I really don’t
On a positive note I think we have enough in the squad to fight to get in the playoffs I think the. Highest positioned club is digger daggers
Keep positive people we could be in a rubber dinghy in the channel
Or even worse watching match of the day with lineker.

What I would like to know (and this isn't a dig at Stan in the slightest - he's done wonders for us, on and off the pitch) is what were the conversations he had with Ron at the early stages. Surely, when Ron gave Stan the go ahead to speak to Tom, Maher, Currie, Bentley, Still etc there must have been discussions about whether we could actually afford these staff and the players they wanted to bring in ? What was said by Ron at the time ?

I’d think he’ll be ok with questions, as long as those are asked respectfully. We can ask anything we like, and he can reply or not as he chooses, but I think those that have fallen foul in the past have tended to be the ones making digs or insinuations in addition to (or instead of) straightforward questions.

It would be good to get some sort of update @StanCollymore. We’re all very tired and depressed with the avalanche of issues and total lack of communication. You might be too for all we know!

What I would like to know (and this isn't a dig at Stan in the slightest - he's done wonders for us, on and off the pitch) is what were the conversations he had with Ron at the early stages. Surely, when Ron gave Stan the go ahead to speak to Tom, Maher, Currie, Bentley, Still etc there must have been discussions about whether we could actually afford these staff and the players they wanted to bring in ? What was said by Ron at the time ?
I'm sure there were and Ron probably thought there was enough money but Ron has proven time and time again that he's useless at budgeting.

Wouldn't surprise me if stan does runner soon. He has been doing media work with a French sports channel, maybe he already left the sinking ship for the bright lights of premier league punditry.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me if stan does runner soon. He has been doing media work with a French sports channel, maybe he already left the sinking ship for the bright lights of premier league punditry.
Hasn't he already confirmed he does these things because it keeps him earning whilst he doesn't get paid at SUFC? Doesn't seem like a replacement activity to me. Tiring to see wild speculation about him resurfacing again now that we're losing games.

Hasn't he already confirmed he does these things because it keeps him earning whilst he doesn't get paid at SUFC? Doesn't seem like a replacement activity to me. Tiring to see wild speculation about him resurfacing again now that we're losing games.
I'll be honest I don't know but I know he been working for French media channel coverage premier league games. Fair play to stan if he combining both roles.

I'll be honest I don't know but I know he been working for French media channel coverage premier league games. Fair play to stan if he combining both roles.
He has many avenues to earning a living. Good for him, his time would be wasted at the club atm doing anything his remit states.

He has many avenues to earning a living. Good for him, his time would be wasted at the club atm doing anything his remit states.

Would Stan consider joining the board, as a director, of any fans led company or organisation (trust) etc that would attempt to establish an alternative ownership model for SUFC that would lead to funding and investment into the football club ... ??

Hasn't he already confirmed he does these things because it keeps him earning whilst he doesn't get paid at SUFC? Doesn't seem like a replacement activity to me. Tiring to see wild speculation about him resurfacing again now that we're losing games
There seems confusion about exactly whats still causing the embargo and whether it is to do with unfulfilled payments to other clubs or not. Either way it must be very frustrating for John still and Stan colleymore because any positive ideas, suggestions, players identified or PR must get instantly scuppered by the seemingly weekly crisis events that hit the team.
However, Stan did confirm in his post that he does get paid by southend but was waiting for the debt to get paid before asking Tom for it. Although this seems to contradict what he used to say about not taking money, it's probably a good thing, because he does some great PR things for the club and can't imagine hed walk away without being paid what he or his company is owed.

Last edited:
Would Stan consider joining the board, as a director, of any fans led company or organisation (trust) etc that would attempt to establish an alternative ownership model for SUFC that would lead to funding and investment into the football club ... ??
Do we actually have a board of directors or are they just Ron’s puppets nobody ever speaks out never hear anything of mention of our troubles at the club or one of them praising our club’s loyal fans or a special mention for the fantastic away following up & down the country if anyone knows a board member can they ask them to start speaking out or are they all happy with how things are?

Back