• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Cox

Guess that abdominal pain that has kept him out for the last few weeks has cleared up.

All the best Simon. Many thanks for the 3 hat-trick against Portsmouth last year. Coming back from 0-3 down to draw was for me the better match than the Sunderland one.

Good luck to him, a fine Southend United player who leaves us with lots of good memories.

It also leaves Sol with hopefully a little bit of wriggle room to start preparing for League Two. If the rumours are true that there were a few dressing room issues, it would seem the time is right.

Simon Cox is an intelligent and thoughtful player, and when things started to really turn to custard under Kevin Bond he probably did not hold back on what should be done. I have got a feeling he is going a very good manager in the not too distant future.

Good.

Hasn’t acted professionally for a long while.

Has been a negative impact on the dressing room.

Hasn’t given anything near his full commitment towards our football club,

Has been a massive drain on wages.

Thank you Simon for all your efforts. Never gave anything less than 100% and gave us some quality moments to remember.

That said, we’ve never lost 3 from our already weak squad. Times running out, we need replacements and we need them within the week.

Tend to agree with that. With 4 gone ( Nduk, Theo, Cox, Hamilton ) and 5 injured? Kyp, Ralph, Lennon,Shaunessy and ?Hyam.. The squad reduces to 16, although you could include Taylor, Clifford and Acquah
Hardly likely to stand a feint chance of staying up especially with more winter to come..

Tend to agree with that. With 4 gone ( Nduk, Theo, Cox, Hamilton ) and 5 injured? Kyp, Ralph, Lennon,Shaunessy and ?Hyam.. The squad reduces to 16, although you could include Taylor, Clifford and Acquah
Hardly likely to stand a feint chance of staying up especially with more winter to come..

Honestly does anyone still think we have even a faint chance of staying up? This season is dead, it's all about preparing for life in League Two. Sorry if that upsets people but we would need to show title-winning form to stay up now and it's not going to happen.

Would be nice to get a few wins and start turning things round, but don't even look at the league table.

Hope its a great move for him personally and professionally. Maybe will also find it easier to get into coaching roles.

Was great for us- this year completely missed pre-season yet was players by KB any way, really think this didn't help him at all this year.

One thing I have increasingly notices is he seems to lack the pace to go past people, play off the shoulder. Starting to look as he lack pace- but can still finish and create own a 10 role- I am sure great asset to his new club. All the best to him.

Hope its a great move for him personally and professionally. Maybe will also find it easier to get into coaching roles.

Was great for us- this year completely missed pre-season yet was played by KB anyway, really think this didn't help him at all this year.

One thing I have increasingly noticed is he seems to lack the pace to go past people, play off the shoulder. Starting to look as he lack pace- but can still finish and create own a 10 role- I am sure great asset to his new club. All the best to him.

Give it time!

Time being 15 days! It might even be less than that: we will have to report ourselves to HMRC on the 28th (I believe), at which point we'll be in an embargo.

I don't think we are at the moment. Ron is very good at playing the system: technically we were under an embargo last January when we signed Humphrys.

Expect this loophole to be closed by the football league in the summer!

Doubt anyone will be able to come in until the winding up petition is dismissed.
Not the case we only become under one if we break FFP which we haven’t (yet) or if we do not sort HMRC by a certain time as yet we are not there so think technically we can sign players, just about

Back