• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Cox

This.

Forget the league table, and start judging the matches on a game-by-game basis.

Let’s face it, Sol hasn’t made us any worse, has he?
Yes he has actually. We are further adrift now than when he took over.

haha BE did you actually read the post?

Why bother? Nothing I - or anyone else - can say will change his mind.

He doesn’t like Sol, and would rather see Sol gone. It’s patently obvious.

What’s not obvious, is the reason why......

Hmmmm

Good.

Hasn’t acted professionally for a long while.

Has been a negative impact on the dressing room.

Hasn’t given anything near his full commitment towards our football club,

Has been a massive drain on wages.
Got to admire your inside knowledge, GBJ.
I'm assuming you DO have inside knowledge?

If anyone ever started a thread called 'Good players you never warmed to' then Simon Cox would be the first name to spring to my mind.

Got to admire your inside knowledge, GBJ.
I'm assuming you DO have inside knowledge?

I know bits and bobs.

As Chris Powell’s mate, I’m sure he’d be able to give you an idea of what’s gone on with these players over the course of time.

I’m sure he’d confirm how happy they were when he broke up their clique - whether intentionally or not.

Why bother? Nothing I - or anyone else - can say will change his mind.

He doesn’t like Sol, and would rather see Sol gone. It’s patently obvious.

What’s not obvious, is the reason why......

Hmmmm
The reason why is because the last thing the club needed was a rookie manager with virtually no track record. He kept Macclesfield up but if you examine the statistics it wasn't because Macclesfield embarked on some wonderful winning run it was because Notts Co and Yeovil were even worse. Martin, star struck instead of getting some experienced manager in, made a bad mistake as proven by the worse sequence of results a new manager at Southend has ever had.

All good thing have to come to an end.Cox did his best and gave is all when on the pitch unlike some players.He is coming to the end of his playing career enjoy what is left of your playing time.
I trust some of our supporters down under will keep the zone uptodate on how he is getting on

I know bits and bobs.

As Chris Powell’s mate, I’m sure he’d be able to give you an idea of what’s gone on with these players over the course of time.

I’m sure he’d confirm how happy they were when he broke up their clique - whether intentionally or not.
We all know someone here and there but you cant blame people for being sceptical every now and then.

Cox did well for us, last 6 months hasnt worked out, these things happen.

If CP was giving info outside of the club then thankfully he has gone as i find that reprehensible. But overall we are all happy that we are moving forward player wise, no point bickering amongst ourselves

For people who have trouble with authority.....Sydney has always been a good option.

I know bits and bobs.

So, no real knowledge, but a bit of two-and-twoing hoping to make four. The assertions suggest Cox is a major reason for our demise.
Just for a second I thought you knew something the rest of us didn't.

So, no real knowledge, but a bit of two-and-twoing hoping to make four. The assertions suggest Cox is a major reason for our demise.
Just for a second I thought you knew something the rest of us didn't.

I never said he was a major reason for our demise?

There’s plenty of other factors at play there.

In fairness to GBJ the evidence is clear to see on the pitch. Cox falls out with every forward and at times is totally unprofessional by refusing to talk, link up or pass to them. Forget lack of goals, apart from that ball to the only man he seems to like, Hoppers goal at Tranmere. Then we have rarely even seen those intelligent balls around the box that made him a fans favourite.

I posted ages ago about his attitude to Andy Cole. Cox isn't stupid and knew exactly what the consequences would be by openly taking the p*** out of the bloke

He has got what he wanted. Not man enough to walk out but leaves with a pay off just to get rid off.

There are plenty of Cox stories about Cox bullying the younger players, even at social functions. A few can't stand him but of course their are two sides to every story. No I am not going to name names and who said what because Cox has gone, others will follow and we need to desperately get something from this season......Even on this Forum.

Last edited:
The reason why is because the last thing the club needed was a rookie manager with virtually no track record. He kept Macclesfield up but if you examine the statistics it wasn't because Macclesfield embarked on some wonderful winning run it was because Notts Co and Yeovil were even worse. Martin, star struck instead of getting some experienced manager in, made a bad mistake as proven by the worse sequence of results a new manager at Southend has ever had.

Couldn’t agree more, Martin’s desire to have big names linked to this club, has proven to be unsuccessful on more than one occasion.

Aside from that, the rest doesn’t really add up to much.

Yeah, we’re still **** under Sol. But then I wasn’t expecting anything else - at least not until Sol has had time to change the squad significantly.

They are the cause of this mess, that we’re in.

Do you disagree with that?

Good.

Hasn’t acted professionally for a long while.

Has been a negative impact on the dressing room.

Hasn’t given anything near his full commitment towards our football club,

Has been a massive drain on wages.
Don't disagree with most of your post, but disagree with the bit on bold. In the last 3.5 years Cox has given his all on the pitch. There's been times I've walked out of Roots Hall and thought Cox was the only one trying.

Fair enough not the last 6 months but none of our players have so don't think he can be singled out because of this.

100% agree with wakes post. Spot on.

He was a fantastic servant for us.

Some people on here are quick to forget his previous seasons performances and goals since joining us, Was a fantastic signing, and rightfully so made our team of the decade,

That being said, he's in his latter years of his career now and what with his recent injury, I think League One level is pushing the limits for him, and wish him all the best in oz.

Quality player and one of the most intelligent I've seen at our club, both on and off the ball. A privilege to watch and I wish him the all the best. Will be very difficult to replace although I think Hutchinson could be a good option for the time being.

Back