• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry to here that about Coxy. Really hope we keep hold of him. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and he’s given everything and more for us this season. If he doesn’t win player of the season it’ll be an absolute travesty!

Interesting read here - sounds like he's having a difficult time of it OFF the pitch again at the moment as well.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/soccer/--920376.html

Got to give him credit, he's the only player I've seen who has taken to twitter to speak about yesterday. I'd love him to stay with us next season but would fully understand it if he moved on. He works so hard each game, I think he deserves to stay in League 1.

Tough read that. Hope he starts feeling better about it soon and it doesn't affect his state of mind.

Intersting to see him mention a salary cut if we are relegated

Shocking to read this. His application is unwavering. Never say die, 100%. And he has a smile on his face. Pity most of his colleagues don't follow his example. 17 goals, and countless assists to his credit in this poor, poor season, is truly incredible. I will be gutted if he goes, if we go down. But if so, he will go with my full understanding and thanks.

Really sorry to hear this, such a shame as he seems such a genuinely nice person as well as the best player we have had here in years. He is such a pro, no one could have watched him this season and had an inkling that all was not well in his private life. Let's hope the draw of Southend, even in league 2 is enough to keep him, but would totally understand if he decides to move on.

Poor bloke, not really what you want when things aren’t going well with the team you play for a you could potentially (pretty likely) have to take a pay cut. Then he has to find a new club, hopefully we can get a win on Saturday and he doesn’t have to take a pay cut.

He’s been a great servant and if he does choose to leave us if we get relegated I totally understand. Probably the only player this season to give 100% every game.

128 appearances 41 goals - not too shabby (Barry Corr was 155 appearances 50 goals)

This article is a year old don’t forget. Really hope he stays though. Can he finish first, second and third in the POTY?

As for SC , He can hold his head high despite a troubling time of it recently.
Given everything for the cause and just hope we don't lose him if the worst case scenario happens.
If there is any justice RM will recognise how crucial he's been for us since joining the club and not reduce his wages if we end up in LG2.

Poor Simon, knew she was a high-flier. His birthday today too, poor sod.

She'd have to be quite a high flier to trouser what Simon earns.

Obviously he won't be raking that in for the next 20 years but maybe she won't either.

I have seen lots of friends in their mid 40s made redundant and it is very hard to get back in the game.

Back