• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Francis

Remember when he used to get slated by a section of the East Stand glad he has proved them wrong. Simon signed a new contract with us when all around him was fleeing the club to enable us to get a fee for him. Lovely lad who deserves all the premier brings him.

Yeah best of luck in the prem Franno. Holding his own and not looked out of place so far by all accounts.

Best of luck Simon, thought he was good when he was here especially given the fact he was relatively young.

Plus signing the new deal so we could get a fee made all the difference at that time

There was one moment last night when he was positionally all over the place. Brought back so many memories.

In all seriousness though, what an achievement. I spoke to one of the players fairly recently and mentioned to him that although I did rate him, I thought defensively he was poor and I could never have pictured him playing in the Prem. He replied by saying that he was the best player in the youth team he played in and it doesn't come as a surprise to him that he's finally playing in the Prem. His exact words were "he had it all as a player".

There was one moment last night when he was positionally all over the place. Brought back so many memories.

In all seriousness though, what an achievement. I spoke to one of the players fairly recently and mentioned to him that although I did rate him, I thought defensively he was poor and I could never have pictured him playing in the Prem. He replied by saying that he was the best player in the youth team he played in and it doesn't come as a surprise to him that he's finally playing in the Prem. His exact words were "he had it all as a player".

That reminds me of a chat I had with Che Wilson's Dad who said that Che and Drewe played together from youth level to county level and now pro, and he said he was always **** (Drewe not Che).

Simon is a top bloke and an excellent footballer.

He played in my first charity game back in 2014, and completely run the show from right back.

He then secured promotion to the Premiership with Bournemouth, and I like to think we helped him achieve it :winking:

That reminds me of a chat I had with Che Wilson's Dad who said that Che and Drewe played together from youth level to county level and now pro, and he said he was always ***** (Drewe not Che).

I'm guessing that ***** means class ......................

Francis was poor for most of his Southend career.

So much natural talent, but it took him a long time to make the most of it. He finally got it together in his final season when he was excellent but prior to that he'd overly relied on his athleticism.

West Ham 0 Bournemouth 1

Bournemouth's first ever top-flight goal.
Full-back Simon Francis charges down the right, shrugs off Aaron Cresswell perhaps a bit too easily, and crosses to Callum Wilson, who fires home first time with power.

Sounds like he's right. Good for him that he matured and decided to take his football more seriously.

Back