• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Francis

Do you have something against every player that's left us?
Ha ha I rated Francis as one of our best right backs we ever had, do you ? I rated Bilel did you ? They have both gone on to bigger things, lots of fans love to hate Bilel are you one of them ? I'm not:smile:

Its ironic Francis talks about " day dreaming on the pitch" ... as this was the one thing i felt was holding him back in his Roots Hall days. He had all the attributes to become a top player ; pace , strength , good in the air , quick feet , could swing in a decent cross , tackle with a great shot on him too. ( i remember how well he played as a striker for us at elland Road once ) ..... but once or twice in every game he seemed to switch off and you could actually see him gazing into the crowd or looking at the clouds !!!! It was a shame the Blues management didnt get hold of him ( & Hammill at LB ) and get them to focus. I guess being young it was easy to party hard and still get by.
Out of loyalty ive had him in my Fantasy team , but as the Cherries start plummeting he's on borrowed time !!!

Probably one of if not the most overrated full back we've had at the club. Was ok going forward, but how poor was he at simple defending. Wasn't sorry to see him leave tbh.

He was no Dean Austin.

Probably one of if not the most overrated full back we've had at the club. Was ok going forward, but how poor was he at simple defending. Wasn't sorry to see him leave tbh.

He was no Dean Austin.

I guess you never saw Gary Poole then ? ... or Paul Roberts ?!!!

He was no Dean Austin.

Wouldnt he be one of the most underrated full backs we've had! He has achieved more than what a lot of people expected.

Captaining Bournemouth today whilst playing at centre half in their Derby at Southampton

In Premier team of the day for his performance against Crystal Palace according to the current bun today.
Good luck to him.

Given that his weakness was defending, well done to him for ending up as a premiership centre half and captaining his team. It's like saying Coker will do the same thing in 5 years.

Given that his weakness was defending, well done to him for ending up as a premiership centre half and captaining his team. It's like saying Coker will do the same thing in 5 years.

Not really his weakness is set-pieces and a refusal to cross the ball:winking:

Wow Simon Francis has just signed a new 3 year contract at Bournemouth, goodluck to him:thumbsup:

Back