• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperJim

Coach
Former Southend United shot stopper Simom Royce is interested in making a shock return to the Shrimpers on loan.
Royce wants first team football and hasn't ruled out a return.

But Steve Tilson has almost ruled it out saying that he's looking for a young keeper as back-up to Flahavan.

Wouldn't be too surprised at all to see him make a return next summer.
smile.gif

I can understand the thinking behind getting a younger keeper in as back up though. It'd be pretty harsh on Flahavan if someone the calibre of Royce was signed up.

Does Tilson say we're definitely bringing someone in then?

Ok. That's good anyway. We've gone through enough stages where we've had no sub keeper, in the past couple of years.

Just seen this on 'ThisisEssex'. Don't know if it's already been posted, but it's very interesting that one keeper wants to come here while the other is not a happy chappy.

Shrimpers goalkeeper Darryl Flahavan today revealed he had held talks with Blues boss Steve Tilson over his Roots Hall future.

The popular shot-stopper has yet to figure for the Shrimpers this season but revealed he would not be quitting the League Two outfit in pursuit of first team football.

"I've had words with the manager," confirmed the keeper.

"I've asked him some questions but it was a good chat as Tilly and I get on very well.

"I don't want to leave though. I obviously want first team football and I want that at Southend because I like it here - I don't want to go anywhere else.

"There's no time limit on things and I'll just keep displaying a good attitude, try my best in the reserves and work hard in training."

But the former Southampton custodian admitted he had been frustrated by his lack of first team chances with Southend during the current campaign.

"Personally it's been very hard for me and it's been strange sitting on the bench after playing for so long," he said.

"That's football though and I've got to wait patiently."

I think a swap deal could be on the cards here with Royce joining us on loan until Griemink is fit again, then Royce's move is made permanent with Flahavan moving in the opposite direction... [because Charlton know outstanding talent when they see it].

Looks like the Flahavan v Griemink saga could be over...
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 07 2004,16:05)]with Flahavan moving in the opposite direction... [because Charlton know outstanding talent when they see it].
biggrin.gif

Ooh, the irony has been flowing on these boards lately...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 07 2004,15:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 07 2004,16:05)]with Flahavan moving in the opposite direction... [because Charlton know outstanding talent when they see it].
biggrin.gif

Ooh, the irony has been flowing on these boards lately...

tounge.gif
The real irony would be when it actually happened... another footballing son coming home? ... awesome!
wink.gif

I suspect this sort of conjecture will provoke the Flahavan fanatics into action now... waiting in anticipation!
rock.gif

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 07 2004,17:53)]I suspect this sort of conjecture will provoke the Flahavan fanatics into action now... waiting in anticipation!  
rock.gif

cool.gif
alrite here you go then...

i think it is about time flavs is given an opportunity to win back his place in the team, even if it is because the no.1 keeper is injured.... i think flavs will use these next 6 or so weeks to proove himself again to the club and to the fans and by the time bart returns... flavs might have put a run of good performances together and give tilly a problem about who he should play in goal.
cool.gif

I would like to see flavs get a chance in goal, but at the same time I just want this team to win games, whether its Bart, Flavs, or Royce minding the net.

TOO RIGHT WE'LL BE CALLING FOR DARRYL!!!!
GRIEMINK should never have stayed in the team anyway after his pathetic attemp at a clearance against Macclesfield. MUPPET!!

At least now Darryl can prove that he is THE NUMBER 1 keeper and keep his place in the team.

UP THE BLUES!!!!!!

I love competition for places. Its a shame that some fans are so blinkered and talk utter bullsh*t ... Tony being a good case.

Kev

I think Tony talks sense, if we had stuck with the same players as last year, i feel we would have been garunteed a 17th place and football for next season, now we have shook up the team and have new players, who knows where this team might finish next season.

I think Darryl will make a series of costly blunders over the next six weeks and the fans will be begging Tilson to bring back Mel Capleton on loan.

Flahavan doesn't make many 'blunders' as such; it more his lack of command of the area (and I mean the SIX yard area - not just the 18 yard area!!) that makes him a liability in my eyes.

But, if he's learnt from Bart during pre-season & this month of bench warming about commanding the area, then I'll be more than happy to see him keep his place.

Back