• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 07 2004,18:53)]The real irony would be when it actually happened... another footballing son coming home? ... awesome!  
wink.gif
Spinners not exactly covered himself in glory and Roycee could never kick to save his life !

Rethink i say !

Roycee is the best goalkeeper we have had at the club. I kno sammy was quality , but i always rated him. If he is half the player he was when he left then he would be top class. Admittedly his kicking wass a little shaky , but im sure charlton would have ironed out that problem. If we have a chance to get him for the season then we should take him. Because any improvement to the squad can only be good in my eyes. Darryl is only here becuase when he tried to leave nobody would have him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony the Kray @ Sep. 07 2004,23:47)]TOO RIGHT WE'LL BE CALLING FOR DARRYL!!!!
GRIEMINK should never have stayed in the team anyway after his pathetic attemp at a clearance against Macclesfield. MUPPET!!

At least now Darryl can prove that he is THE NUMBER 1 keeper and keep his place in the team.

UP THE BLUES!!!!!!
Somebody please tell us this is a wind up merchant!

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ Sep. 08 2004,10:10)]Roycee could never kick to save his life !
Erm... After the pre-season Royce's kicking was fine. There is no way he could have played in the Premiership with the kicking as bad as it first was when he came into the team, however thats all changed now.

I'd be pretty sure Royce's kicking and throwing now would be in the top 3 for this league!

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 08 2004,12:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony the Kray @ Sep. 07 2004,23:47)]TOO RIGHT WE'LL BE CALLING FOR DARRYL!!!!
GRIEMINK should never have stayed in the team anyway after his pathetic attemp at a clearance against Macclesfield. MUPPET!!

At least now Darryl can prove that he is THE NUMBER 1 keeper and keep his place in the team.

UP THE BLUES!!!!!!
Somebody please tell us this is a wind up merchant!

rock.gif
He could be "bunking off" from school!
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Actually surprised that my Flahavan jibes didn't get a bigger responce!
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Sep. 08 2004,13:19)]Darryl is only here becuase when he tried to leave nobody would have him.
Exactly.  If there was even a very small chance that we could afford to take Roycie we should pursue it.

As had been said by his supporters, Darryl makes few mistakes.  But in those cases this is more often than not due to him not putting himself in a position to make an error, i.e. not coming for the cross, free kick or corner means he can't drop it.  Great!  But it does mean that the centre forward standing on the 6 yard box can head it over the top of him & result, Goal!!  The defenders can't stop that all the time because it is in an area where the keeper should have control.  How many goals have we conceded from set pieces compared with last year?

Regarding Bart's bad kick against Macclesfield.  Anyone at Billiericay remember Darryl doing the same twice when not even under any pressure?  Ok they weren't goo enough to score but it can happen to anyone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 08 2004,14:52)]Actually surprised that my Flahavan jibes didn't get a bigger responce!
sad.gif
I'm actually amazed when any of your pathetic jibes get a response at all.

ghostface.gif

tounge.gif
(seeing as you have a poor '****-take' radar)

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Sep. 08 2004,15:08)]Regarding Bart's bad kick against Macclesfield. Anyone at Billiericay remember Darryl doing the same twice when not even under any pressure? Ok they weren't goo enough to score but it can happen to anyone.
Add this to the list:

Last November, away at Canvey.

(This list could grow quite long actually... but now Flavs is our number 1... I think we should just get behind him).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 08 2004,13:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Sep. 08 2004,15:08)]Regarding Bart's bad kick against Macclesfield.  Anyone at Billiericay remember Darryl doing the same twice when not even under any pressure?  Ok they weren't goo enough to score but it can happen to anyone.
Add this to the list:

Last November, away at Canvey.

(This list could grow quite long actually... but now Flavs is our number 1... I think we should just get behind him).
Nooooooooooooo!

Bart is still number one!!! Injury is not an acceptable excuse!

ghostface.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 08 2004,14:21)]... but now Flavs is our number 1... I think we should just get behind him....
....so that we can head the ball off the line as it loops over his head.!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Sep. 08 2004,15:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 08 2004,14:21)]... but now Flavs is our number 1... I think we should just get behind him....
....so that we can head the ball off the line as it loops over his head.!!  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
genius
biggrin.gif

I'd happily welcome Daryl back in to the team if he

1) Get's rid of his stupid walk

2)Does one of the following:
a) Grows a foot
b) Learns to jump a foot and a half higher
c) Becomes as built as a Flack and can barge strikers out of the way to get the ball
d) Has casual sex with all the referees we are ever likely to have so that no-one can ever impede him.
e) Learns to dive like the Greek Under-21 team so that every opposition cross ends up as an SUFC free kick.
f) Realises (/develops to the point where) he is actually a superb player in the wrong place and the only reason he went in goal in the first place was because he wasn't big enough to object.

Nonetheless, unlike a lot of our more nobbish fans, I'll support him while the manager picks him to play in the team as I would with virtually any player. I certainly won't start chanting Bart's name.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Sep. 07 2004,23:43)]I think Tony talks sense, if we had stuck with the same players as last year, i feel we would have been garunteed a 17th place and football for next season, now we have shook up the team and have new players, who knows where this team might finish next season.
WELL SAID MATE!!

A bit of swapping the team around won't do anybody any harm and maybe we might get somewhere.
Get rid of the no hopers like Griemink and Maher and we might go places.

UP THE BLUES!!!
DOWN THE SILVERS!!!!
STEVE TILSONS BLUE ARMY!!!

If we get Royce in, I wouldn't blame Darryl for leaving the club and it would be unfair to him, his a very good 2nd choice keeper and is certainly capable between the sticks. This keeps Bart on his tows as well as give Darryl a real chance to prove himself.

A win win situation in my eyes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This keeps Bart on his tows as well as give Darryl a real chance to prove himself.

Keep The Bartman on his tows? Surely you mean toes?

Back