• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SIMON ROYCE

Where are you guys getting your new keeper info' from?? Didn't you hear Simon Royce (Tilly's best mate) is about to do an 'Andy Edwards'....

That would be absolutely fantastic, but I'll believe it when I see it to be honest.

Much as he might want to come to Southend if Tilly's his best mate, he'd still need to take a whopping pay cut - and my guess is his missus will have grown too used to Dolce & Gabbana to go back to Debenhams....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 21 2004,13:49)]Cheers Scriv,
Dont get him in trouble!!!
wow.gif

Is insider really scriv??!! Ill be well happy if Roycie comes back, think that would be a major signing for us!

Why do we need a new keeper of Royce's calibre when we have Flavs? Surely all we need is a cheap understudy incase Flavs picks up a knock!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 21 2004,14:00)]Why do we need a new keeper of Royce's calibre when we have Flavs? Surely all we need is a cheap understudy incase Flavs picks up a knock!
Are you serious?!
rock.gif

This isn't too far fetched - Simon isn't a first team regular where he is now - in fact Nick Nicolau made more appearances for Arsenal reserves last term than Royce made for his club. A perfect opportunity for someone keen on first team action at a club he really, really loves!

i!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 21 2004,15:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 21 2004,14:00)]Why do we need a new keeper of Royce's calibre when we have Flavs? Surely all we need is a cheap understudy incase Flavs picks up a knock!
Are you serious?!
rock.gif
Why wouldn't I be? It's about time we opened our eyes and saw what a great 'keeper we have. We won't do better. Royce will come just for the money.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 21 2004,14:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
Are you serious?!  
rock.gif
Why wouldn't I be? It's about time we opened our eyes and saw what a great 'keeper we have. We won't do better. Royce will come just for the money.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 21 2004,14:18)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Are you serious?!  
rock.gif

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ha

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 21 2004,15:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 21 2004,14:18)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Are you serious?!
rock.gif

Ha
wink.gif

tounge.gif

Why not ?

He still lives in Hullbridge. Couple of hours training down at B & L and on the 1st tee at the Hanover by midday.

Massive downside though, about 5k light in the pocket a week.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ May 21 2004,14:26)]Massive downside though, about 5k light in the pocket a week.

biggrin.gif
take off Mahers 2 1/2 k a week and Uncle Ron won't be too fussed.

Maybe we could give him 3.5 k and a 1.5k clean sheet bonus, bet he'll command the area!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ May 21 2004,14:26)]Why not ?

He still lives in Hullbridge. Couple of hours training down at B & L and on the 1st tee at the Hanover by midday.

Massive downside though, about 5k light in the pocket a week.

biggrin.gif
Hullbridge, eh? That has houses in it, last time I checked it was a farm.
tounge.gif

As he agreed to join last year before Charlton came a calling, he's obviously not as worried about the money as it might seem.

If you think about it, it wouldn't be as surprising as you might think.

*In the voice of Kevin Keegan* "I'd love it, if Roycie came back!"
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 21 2004,14:15)]Wake up and smell the coffee.
I have. And I don't like the FLAVour ...

WS

Charlton have today spent £750,000 on the former Danish under 21 goalkeeper.

The Royce i would think is now down to no 3 in the pecking order ??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ May 24 2004,13:18)]Charlton have today spent £750,000 on the former Danish under 21 goalkeeper.

The Royce i would think is now down to no 3 in the pecking order ??
and he's in the full squad for Euro 2004 !!

biggrin.gif

wasnt roye already release by charlton when the window reopened

Back