• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky Pundits

The pundits joining Lovejoy in the studio for tomorrow night's game are Lee Sharpe and Ronnie Whelan.

I wish they'd get somebody we actually liked as a pundit with an association to our club, most teams get somebody who was successful/popular rather that one of their worst ever managers...

Hopefully Whelan will be asked to explain why he disgracefully released Tilly in 1997!

mad.gif

Lovejoy and Whelan in the same studio. Where's Charles Manson when you need him.
mad.gif

Nice to see they ignored the many complaints about the last time the fat alchy was let loose on an unsuspecting TV public.

Shame they couldn't have got Peter Taylor in to do it.

Shall we all prepare our emails to complain about Whelan now so we can fire them off in unison at 9am on Wednesday?

Guaranteed he won't have done any preparation or research on our players other than what he'll have heard on the grapevine about Fred etc.

Thanks very much Sky TV
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

collymore should have been there.. would have been good

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 06 2006,14:04)]collymore should have been there.. would have been good
Agreed he'd have been much better - now we'll get a diatribe about how we're heading for a thumping tonight and how he cant see us getting off the bottom of the league...

Now, who was in charge last time we did so badly at this level??

rock.gif

Watching Tim Lovejoy trying to anchor a football match is like watching the stuttering child at school doing a speech in assembly. It's fairly painful viewing.

He should stick to laughing at his own jokes, he's quite good at that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 06 2006,14:08)]Watching Tim Lovejoy trying to anchor a football match is like watching the stuttering child at school doing a speech in assembly. It's fairly painful viewing.

he is soooo far.. stuck up his own arse, only his' ankles can be seen...

the bloke is a tw&t, and has also killed many a fashion label, with his adidas y3 trend setting designs..

plank..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 06 2006,14:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 06 2006,14:08)]Watching Tim Lovejoy trying to anchor a football match is like watching the stuttering child at school doing a speech in assembly. It's fairly painful viewing.

he is soooo far.. stuck up his own arse, only his' ankles can be seen...

the bloke is a tw&t, and has also  killed many a fashion label, with his adidas y3 trend setting designs..

plank..
Spot on CS J

And agree with Slipperduke you have to watch the Lovejoy from behind the sofa when anchoring a football match. Makes that Colin bloke off of Channel Five look like Desmond Lynam.

[b said:

The foody Sunday morning prog he's started doing on BBC2 is also extremely painful viewing.

I am guessing he's trying to squeeze as much out of his career while he can as he knows Soccer AM is now a poor shadow of what it was at it's peak 5+ years ago! Surely it can't be long before Sky pull it, Saturday was a prime example of how low things have got with that self-important **** Duncan Bantatyne as one of the guests along with those gimps Orson. A very similar situation to how The Big Breakfast lumbered & lurched towards it's end.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 06 2006,14:14)]When did he start anchoring footy games anyway? This is news to me...

Oo.gif
Last round of the CC.
It was almost as bad as a collection of out-takes from John Barnes Soccer Night
laugh.gif

That Rob McCaffrey is a bit of a numpty too, particularly on Soccer Saturday. He's not half as obnoxious as Loveboys though.

when he speaks it's just...

errrrss, ermmm, yeah.... in that monotonous tone of his'... in my top 10 celebraties i would like to see cleaning toilets..

I would like to see a concerted effort by all of us to get Ronnie Whelan banned from ever doing another Southend game.

I am sure if we properly tried we could get this done.

DTS
mad.gif
mad.gif

Jeff (sp) Stelling is a hero of mine.. the bloke is a legend in his' own right..

i was thinking the same at how poor soccer am has become.....guests these days only come on if they have something to plug .....regardless of their if any interest of football........
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 06 2006,14:21)]I would like to see a concerted effort by all of us to get Ronnie Whelan banned from ever doing another Southend game.

I am sure if we properly tried we could get this done.

DTS  
mad.gif

mad.gif
Rather than trying to get a media outlet to give a toss about a 'little club' like Southend *patronise patronise patronise* it might be easiest to send the boys round to Uncle Ronnie's gaff and superglue is mouth shut?

I know thats not his oriface of choice when speaking, but at least it would be therapeutic...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 06 2006,14:21)]Jeff (sp) Stelling is a hero of mine.. the bloke is a legend in his' own right..
Too right. He might just be the best football presenter of all time. I don't know how he does what he does on Soccer Saturday. He's a football machine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 06 2006,14:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 06 2006,14:21)]Jeff (sp) Stelling is a hero of mine.. the bloke is a legend in his' own right..
Too right. He might just be the best football presenter of all time. I don't know how he does what he does on Soccer Saturday. He's a football machine.
Is it just me or do people think he has a bit of a soft spot for us? Obviously his first love is Hartlepool but no matter what we always seem to get some kind of additional trivia comment over and above what he gives to other teams.

I had heard he does live in Essex so maybe we are his local team now?

Back