• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Alan

Schoolboy
There were a few idiots behind me who were slagging off Dicko the whole game.I dont know what they want from the guy he scored one and made two.This is the exact kind of striker need to get us up.

It seems that some people are never satisfied, no matter how well we are doing. I can't believe the amount of stick Kane Ferdinand gets on here despite him being just 19, a professional less than a year, and with the potential to go further. He is now equal top scorer in the league with Dickinson on 6 goals.

Don't get why people are slagging him off to be honest. Fair enough his missed a few chances over the past few weeks, but he scored today and I'm happy to have him in the team.

People still have to moan even though we are top of the table, it baffles me!

I think you will find people moan becasue he is a big lad and sometimes it 'appears' that he is not putting in the effort.
as an example, he made the third goal when he won the ball through determinination and effort' Everyone around me noticed this ---- becasue it doesn't happen all match.

It doesn't matter how good you are- if people do not think you are giving 100% then you are going to get stick

another point, 1st half, he is through on goal and makes a total mess of it. Fair enough, but did you notice how un-excited we all were, hardly anyone was on their feet.one expected him to screw it up. If it was Hall we would all have been standing or on the edge of our seats in expectation

We are top of the leauge .Unbeaten in 14 games and the fans are still moaning .Well I am afaid thats the fickled fans that follow football where ever they are in what ever ground . So called fans will find a scape goat to pick on .Last season it was Ryan hall now he is our hero .Its dicko now it will be someone else in a couple of weeks .Do as I do just ignore them .

H Bristol Rovers 3 points
A Cheltenham 0 points
H Bradford City 3 points
A Aldershot 3 points
A AFC Wimbledon 1 point

51 points by the end of the year and the half-way point in the season would be pretty good. Really been looking forward to these two weeks with games on Saturday and Tuesday. I know that it will be tough for PS and the squad, I don't know about anyone else but I find it difficult to survive with just one fix of football a week!

There were a few idiots behind me who were slagging off Dicko the whole game.I dont know what they want from the guy he scored one and made two.This is the exact kind of striker need to get us up.
You were lucky! The prat behind me asked who scored the first goal; "Ferdinand" said I, "Oh" said he, "thought it was Hall - at least I got the right colour". Was that really necessary? Moron.

These idiots who slag off players in a winning side are so unhappy and have so little influence in their own lives that the only sense of empowerment they can give to themselves is to take the **** out of other people who have achieved more than them. It's called jealousy and feeling inferior. What they don't realise are actions speak louder than words. Morons! UP THE BLUES!

runs like a duck, dickinson. he's exactly what we need though. sooner have him than revell who ran round like a headless chicken to great applause from the crowd.

If he buried every one to one he wouldnt be playing for southend in league 2. Honestly do people expect Lionel Messi to sign for us?

If he buried every one to one he wouldnt be playing for southend in league 2. Honestly do people expect Lionel Messi to sign for us?

very true, but remind me the last time he scored from a one on one ?
Don't get me wrong, I do see what he adds to the team , but I also find it very very easy to see why he gets slagged off. I still think/hope we haven't seen the best from him---

An integral part of a top of the league side, scored a goal, won the game.
These people that boo are a joke.
Part of SUFC support im afraid, ridiculous though. See Gower playing against Man in the Prem.

"You were lucky! The prat behind me asked who scored the first goal; "Ferdinand" said I, "Oh" said he, "thought it was Hall - at least I got the right colour". Was that really necessary? Moron."

sufccolchester, you weren't sitting in front of Sepp Blatter were you?:unsure:

"You were lucky! The prat behind me asked who scored the first goal; "Ferdinand" said I, "Oh" said he, "thought it was Hall - at least I got the right colour". Was that really necessary? Moron."

sufccolchester, you weren't sitting in front of Sepp Blatter were you?:unsure:

Now now Crowstone, theres nothing wrong with racism as long as you shake hands after :stunned:

Dickinson worked his socks off at Preston last week in the lone striker role and got rewards today with goal and assist.
Hopefully he will be joined by Harris up front for the Preston replay.
Southend crowds are well known for slagging off players.
Some would moan even if he scored a goal a game.

You were lucky! The prat behind me asked who scored the first goal; "Ferdinand" said I, "Oh" said he, "thought it was Hall - at least I got the right colour". Was that really necessary? Moron.

Is there anything wrong with that? Surely that's just a descriptive comment rather than a racist one? Let's say we had a predominantly black team (we did have a few years ago under Webby). What would be the difference if a choice was made between, say, Barker and Phillips, and he said "at least I got the right colour?"

I do feel that many people get too hung up on mentioning anything to do with colour in case people take offence. I remember a few years ago I did a report for the zone on a game where both linesmen were black, bald and had the same flag (checked). Therefore it was impossible to tell which was which and whether they swapped sides at half time (as they sometimes do). In the first half the one in front of the East Blues was dreadful and in the second half they were both dodgy. I mentioned that they were indistinguishable due to both being black, bald and with the same flag and the amount of comment on that was ridiculous. One poster said "Don't know where you're going with that" and the answer was nowhere! It was a statement of fact! To be racist surely there has to be some discriminatory or abusive issue.

:off topic: I know but don't get too upset about it sufccolchester! I'm sure it wasn't intended in a nasty way. And before anyone asks no, it wasn't me, sadly I had to miss the game and make do with the radio commentary.

Dickinson worked his socks off at Preston last week in the lone striker role and got rewards today with goal and assist.
Hopefully he will be joined by Harris up front for the Preston replay.
Fans of every football team in the country are well known for slagging off players.
Some would moan even if he scored a goal a game.

Edited for accuracy.

Back