• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Snow Patrol 28th June

MK Shrimper

Striker
Tickets on sale today, anyone going?

Dave TS, can you be converted in quality long haired hippy guitar music over your housey housey boogaloo?

A band who have crashed and burned in the pursuit of popularity if you ask me a la Coldplay! Saw them gigging in a cellar here 5 years ago & it was verging on punky garage music. No chance their durge would sound like that now. Plus he can be a right mardy ****!

Far more exciting than Dullplay Glasgow...... great band... and popularity is no bad thing.

A band who have crashed and burned in the pursuit of popularity if you ask me a la Coldplay! Saw them gigging in a cellar here 5 years ago & it was verging on punky garage music. No chance their durge would sound like that now. Plus he can be a right mardy ****!

Agree completely - bought their first single (when they were called Polarbear) which I still think is a real gem, liked some of the first album, downhill all the way from then.

Far more exciting than Dullplay Glasgow...... great band... and popularity is no bad thing.

Sorry mate, in my opinion, they are miles off what they could have become.
Each to their own though!

Now, if you're looking for how a band develop and improve, listen to the new Editors single. I've not been that moved by a comeback single like that since I heard Paranoid Android 10 years ago! If the album is anything like that then they've just moved into the Premier League of bands!

Sorry mate, in my opinion, they are miles off what they could have become.
Each to their own though!

Now, if you're looking for how a band develop and improve, listen to the new Editors single. I've not been that moved by a comeback single like that since I heard Paranoid Android 10 years ago! If the album is anything like that then they've just moved into the Premier League of bands!

Sounds good. I'll have to have a listen out....Editors are a great band as well.

MK, did you ever get into Garry Lightbody's other musical project The Reindeer Section? "You Are My Joy" is one of the best songs I've ever heard!

It was a couple of guys from Snow Patrol, a couple from Belle & Sebastian and the guitarist out of The Delgados.

Before I forget, cheers Toddy for what you did to me regarding this thread. I'm not saying what though :D

Not the Prince Matt? I had you having Taste for a minute.:thump:

MK, did you ever get into Garry Lightbody's other musical project The Reindeer Section? "You Are My Joy" is one of the best songs I've ever heard!

It was a couple of guys from Snow Patrol, a couple from Belle & Sebastian and the guitarist out of The Delgados.

It rings a bell, but I can't remember if I have.

Back