• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This new councillor seems less keen that tc was . Just get it done was jr aware he said get it done this week did he not?

The 🐀 is still delaying vital information to the council. I don’t believe for one moment this accidental at all.
He is just waiting for our consortium to withdraw and we go scat. I believe this was his plan all along.
He never intended to sell the club, he is a con man and a liar.
The 🐀 is still delaying vital information to the council. I don’t believe for one moment this is accidental at all.
He is just waiting for our consortium to withdraw and we go scat. I believe this was his plan all along.
He never intended to sell the club, he is a con man and a liar.
A bit like New York, New York @meerkat54, so good you posted twice :Winking:

We’re less than three weeks away from a twice postponed winding up order.

The current owner doesn’t have the means to pay and the want to be owners don’t have the inclination to pay someone else’s debts for them.

We’re under a transfer embargo, haven’t filed accounts so are not currently eligible for a licence to play next season.

There is a narrow path to survival but we’ve exhausted a lot of patience and goodwill from the NL and the courts.

The difference is that we’ve only one path forward now. If that path ends our club ends.

That leaves us simultaneously closer to escaping but also closer to dying than we’ve been. Our fortunes rest on a knife edge.

I’d say that rates very close to a 10.
Did we end up winning the twice postponed match against Wealdstone?

Why are cllrs needing to be briefed - they've already made the decision to delegate the approval

The most likely outcome IMO is the second one.

• If the conclusion is that the transaction is very close to being cleared to progress subject to a small number of minor adjustments, then further negotiation will be needed to see if these matters can be resolved to enable matters to proceed. Citizen Housing might decide to engage with other parties at this point.

I’m not sure what other parties he’s referring to though?

This would probably be enough to encourage Stewarts LLP to agree another extension if the Consortium remain on board.

It would however screw up preparations for the new season: we’d remain under Embargo and the League could seek to impose a points deduction.

The Consortium could therefore decide to proceed with the purchase of the club with the ground following once all this is sorted. That would be risky as you’d be relying on Ron but maybe the Council can provide sufficient comfort? It would be a leap of faith of gigantic proportions but it might be their least worst option at this stage. Would Ron agree? I’m not sure he’s in a position to say no if the Council told him to. Is his ownership of the club necessary from a legal perspective to complete the land transaction?

Time for the supporter groups to come together, unite and organise a full on protest. time is running out but this needs to coordinated properly by the whole group and to maximise attendance. Advertising a small gathering outside the council offices at 5.30pm as admirable as it was wont do the trick. im not ready to let over 75 years of SUFC in my family die

We are nowhere near a 10. Last year was a 10.
With all due respect, what are you seeing that I'm not? I think the consortium still being on board is giving a false sense of security to a lot of fans.

Rees handled the questions posed very well but I get the impression they are at the end of their tether with it all. DD constantly dragged out and an outcome may not be favourable if we ever get results in time. No urgency from rat or the council, I have been pretty level headed throughout but I honestly think we are screwed.

Time for the supporter groups to come together, unite and organise a full on protest. time is running out but this needs to coordinated properly by the whole group and to maximise attendance. Advertising a small gathering outside the council offices at 5.30pm as admirable as it was wont do the trick. im not ready to let over 75 years of SUFC in my family die
I just wonder if the fanbase is willing to do more than what they've already done.

Not saying we need to get the pitchforks out and start a riot, but it's got to be more than a one-off march through Southend High Street, as great as that day was.

The same numbers (or ideally even more) outside Rat HQ would be so much more effective and practically unmanageable for the vermin.

Suppose we'll find out what's going on once any action is announced.

I fail to understand how a DD process cannot have a target date attached to it, or why this is being chosen to be kept secret by SCC. A date should be visible and SCC need to be held accountable to that, along with the outside agencies. It's bollocks and not helpful. Set a date, work to it and if you fail to meet it, grow some and face the music. It's project management, not rocket science.
Have you ever done DD on anything at all? The whole point is that it involves delving into every nook and cranny of the deal. You don't know exactly what will need doing until you get into the work. Every little bit you look at could generate something new to look at.

It would be like quoting to build widgets for someone without them telling you how many widgets they want. It could be 10 it could be 10,000.

The council can give you a target date of when it hopes to be done by (as they did with the 6-8 weeks) but that immediately got blown out of the water but not receiving timely information.

As much as everyone would like a confirmed date, it would be meaningless and just give everyone something else to moan at if it got missed because extra work cropped up.

What would be the reaction I wonder if this didnt go through and the Martins tried to push ahead with their plans

I'm totally up for what ever is requested by protest organisers, but having read the SCC announcement, their timescales are way beyond what we need to make the High Court and the National League Management Board love us again. So, yeah, lets bash the rat's nest, but will it help beyond being therapeutic?

It’s very clear this will not be completed in the next 4-5 weeks.

I hope COSU have a plan on how this debt can be settled, other petitioners kept happy, embargo removed, player targets signed before they all go elsewhere and pre-season is nuked…again…

In the meantime we need the supporters groups to arrange targeted action on an industrial scale. We have nothing left to do.

It’s very clear this will not be completed in the next 4-5 weeks.

I hope COSU have a plan on how this debt can be settled, other petitioners kept happy, embargo removed, player targets signed before they all go elsewhere and pre-season is nuked…again…

In the meantime we need the supporters groups to arrange targeted action on an industrial scale.
They have already sunk £3.5million in keeping a club they don’t own afloat. I’m guessing they want a deadline date more than you as that level of at risk investment is unsustainable. This all sounds like it could take months to resolve, at which point they could have spent 7 or 8 million. At some point they must have a walk away completion date or expense limit in mind

Back