• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last year when we were protesting, the threat level was probably a 6 out of 10 ...

We are firmly at a 9 if not a 10 already.

we are 5 weeks from the lights going out. no more extensions and no more lucky escapes.

All the council seem to be worried about atm is who's cutting the councils grass. they don't give a ****.

Ron only wants the deal to save his bacon, if the club dies, he still has a way to make his money.

We need to be louder as a fan base

What did you ask/say and wha

All of us need to come together in a coordinated effort.

This isnt the time for petty squabbles
And hopefully, by tomorrow, we will have the joint statement from the Trust and Supporters joint telling us the bottom line and what they want us to do. Watch this space.

And hopefully, by tomorrow, we will have the joint statement from the Trust and Supporters joint telling us the bottom line and what they want us to do. Watch this space.
Must be a long statement.

Reactions: jim
Last year when we were protesting, the threat level was probably a 6 out of 10 ...

We are firmly at a 9 if not a 10 already.

we are 5 weeks from the lights going out. no more extensions and no more lucky escapes.

All the council seem to be worried about atm is who's cutting the councils grass. they don't give a ****.

Ron only wants the deal to save his bacon, if the club dies, he still has a way to make his money.

We need to be louder as a fan base
We are nowhere near a 10. Last year was a 10.

Was going to say, we all went ahead of that Oxford game thinking it was lights out literally. I had my knackered son a ticket to see his first and last game. If that wasn’t a ten I’m not sure what it was.

What did you ask/say and what did he say?
We asked him what was happening in regards to the DD and what is their views on it all.
I was told the finances are being looked into thoroughly and we cannot expect the local ratepayer to finance this deal and it is an awful lot of money that could be spent on other local things that need addressing.
The body language and tone was not radiating positivity

We’re less than three weeks away from a twice postponed winding up order.

The current owner doesn’t have the means to pay and the want to be owners don’t have the inclination to pay someone else’s debts for them.

We’re under a transfer embargo, haven’t filed accounts so are not currently eligible for a licence to play next season.

There is a narrow path to survival but we’ve exhausted a lot of patience and goodwill from the NL and the courts.

The difference is that we’ve only one path forward now. If that path ends our club ends.

That leaves us simultaneously closer to escaping but also closer to dying than we’ve been. Our fortunes rest on a knife edge.

I’d say that rates very close to a 10.

Doesn't feel much different to last year. Under a transfer embargo, facing a winding-up petition and probably needing to beg the NL to give us a stay of execution whilst the deal is completed. It could be the end for SUFC as we know it.

The only (not to be sniffed at) difference is that at least someone is paying the bills and, more importantly, the staff.

I do not think our current situation is a 10.
As an outsider looking in, (a Col U fan wishing you well as despite rivalry your plight is deeper than that and no supporter should be faced with the prospect of losing their club), my concern from reading these boards is that some of you just can’t accept there is a reality you might fold. In some respects it looks Like some of you are sleep walking into apathy. You all need to have your voices heard, not leave it to the few hundred who can be ar5ed to be seen and heard in protest

As an outsider looking in, (a Col U fan wishing you well as despite rivalry your plight is deeper than that and no supporter should be faced with the prospect of losing their club), my concern from reading these boards is that some of you just can’t accept there is a reality you might fold. In some respects it looks Like some of you are sleep walking into apathy. You all need to have your voices heard, not leave it to the few hundred who can be ar5ed to be seen and heard in protest
Last summer we had no indication that a takeover was progressing; the National League were 10 mins away from kicking us out; the fans had to clean the stadium by hand as part of an mass effort to get a safety certificate for the ground; WUPs were in progress with HMRC; the water had been turned off at the training ground; the payers are staff weren't being paid and the Trust had to set up a hardship fund for some staff to be able to pay their bills.

There's more that this but I'm just quickly replying before getting back to work

We are not anywhere near that position right now. It has nothing to do with accepting reality, far from it. I understand where we've been and where we are now. There's no apathy, I have spent the best part of 2 years trying to protect this club. Making our voices heard in newspapers, parliament and outside Ron's house.

The situation now is hugely different. HMRC are no longer breathing down our necks and work on relaying the pitch is in progress. We are not at a 10.

Back