• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Horrendous I assume you too have heard that some of the original 10 are about to possibly crumble ? And who could blame them
That’s strange I’ve also heard from a couple of people some of the consortium are not two happy at the moment , but could just be rumours . as you say who could blame them

It is sad to hear that some may be crumbling, as in truth, the losses will always continue. What was their end game if they are talking about bailing now? It's not like when the deal goes through and they suddenly own a slice of the club and the tangible assets that people will be chomping at the bit to be purchasing their stake for a higher price. We are a National League club.

Football clubs rarely make money, and a beer tent and a 1000 more attending per game aren't going to turn the ship around. Pretty sure John has a good idea of this and that the losses will have been explained to everyone, and the required funding gap for the next 5 years for instance, until we could regenerate the ground. Maybe some just got sucked in by the hype but don't have the cash to back it up?

I hope it's just posturing to apply pressure to get it over the line.

The potential for the club is so huge and if the consortium could of come in and it been a clean sale I could see us tracking back uo to the championship at some point in the next decade.

As it stands, it's nothing has changed as nothing has been allowed to because of the greed of two rodents

Chief been spot on throughout this sorry affair.....listen to him.
Consortium will walk.
I think the interview on BBC Essex made that clear too. They will not tolerate this deal dragging on or funding another spoiled season - and rightly so.

I hope that this level of ultimatum is what finally pushes things to a completion, but I won't hold my breath.

I think the interview on BBC Essex made that clear too. They will not tolerate this deal dragging on or funding another spoiled season - and rightly so.

I hope that this level of ultimatum is what finally pushes things to a completion, but I won't hold my breath.
I thought the interview was clear that they wouldn't walk, but neither was the deal certain to go through - ie someone else could make a decision that means the deal cannot close.

It is sad to hear that some may be crumbling, as in truth, the losses will always continue. What was their end game if they are talking about bailing now? It's not like when the deal goes through and they suddenly own a slice of the club and the tangible assets that people will be chomping at the bit to be purchasing their stake for a higher price. We are a National League club.

Football clubs rarely make money, and a beer tent and a 1000 more attending per game aren't going to turn the ship around. Pretty sure John has a good idea of this and that the losses will have been explained to everyone, and the required funding gap for the next 5 years for instance, until we could regenerate the ground. Maybe some just got sucked in by the hype but don't have the cash to back it up?

I hope it's just posturing to apply pressure to get it over the line.
The bit in bold is the problem, it isn't "when" the deal goes through, it's "if".

I thought the interview was clear that they wouldn't walk, but neither was the deal certain to go through - ie someone else could make a decision that means the deal cannot close.
Interesting how we interpret things differently. To me, the below very much implies that this cannot go on much longer.

From BBC:

"We have demonstrated pretty strongly we would not walk away from this deal very lightly, but everyone has their limits," Rees told BBC Essex. "We are optimistic that it will go through, but we're always cognisant that it's not in our control."

"We can't give carte blanche whether we will or won't walk away. Others will decide whether this deal goes through," he continued.

"We can't be expected to keep funding a club for another X months with a disrupted pre-season, so we really do need this process to close. It is time for this to be done one way or the other."

Back