• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don’t worry tho people it ain’t like last season get outside and enjoy in the sun 👍🏻 and don’t worry we’re not under embargo 😂😂

Don’t worry about calling me out….

We weren’t under an embargo. Check the times of my posts, and when the embargo kicked in. I was 100% right in what I was saying…

With all due respect, what are you seeing that I'm not? I think the consortium still being on board is giving a false sense of security to a lot of fans.

Rees handled the questions posed very well but I get the impression they are at the end of their tether with it all. DD constantly dragged out and an outcome may not be favourable if we ever get results in time. No urgency from rat or the council, I have been pretty level headed throughout but I honestly think we are screwed.
I don't think it is false. There are 10 blokes that want to buy the club and have put their hands in their pockets to keep it alive.

I do not think that all this is sunshine and roses but compared to where we have been in the last 12 months, this is a much healthier position.

I think the worst thing we could have done was to commit to stay at RH I’m afraid, we have done the rats dirty work for him (in my opinion)

The planning at FF required a stadium to be built (for SUFC or any other club), while the planning for RH required SUFC to be re-homed, and while the Covenant existed the rat needed us to realise his dream.

Take away the stadium requirement from FF he gets all the housing he wants on that site. Then his attention turns to RH. With no club the Covenant is worthless, there is no SUFC. As for the planning condition requiring a stadium at FF, well that’s long gone and now irrelevant. Any legal firm worth their sort would be able to get that overturned and housing started on that site, now let’s see, who is instigating the winding up order 🤔

This is a non starter for me.

Two issues:

A) Merchant service providers, even if they allowed sales via their machines, would hold monies back for an age given our current position, we wouldn’t see it for months.

B) So let’s say no credit card sales are allowed - and fans are asked to do bank transfers…..
Who in their right mind would send £400 for a season ticket given the position of the club right now?
I love the club but I can’t afford to lose £500 (me and my daughter are seasos)!
I agree that not everyone will be able to do it. I’m not rich but I could take a risk for a few hundred quid if it would help. After all the consortium are putting money up that they can afford to risk - I can’t put anywhere near that money out, but I could take a risk with season ticket money. 500 at £400 - would that pay off the WUP? I’m sure it could be done.

Whether it’s in the long term best interests to do this - I think the consortium are in prime position to judge. It could just slow things down further.

I think the worst thing we could have done was to commit to stay at RH I’m afraid, we have done the rats dirty work for him (in my opinion)

The planning at FF required a stadium to be built (for SUFC or any other club), while the planning for RH required SUFC to be re-homed, and while the Covenant existed the rat needed us to realise his dream.

Take away the stadium requirement from FF he gets all the housing he wants on that site. Then his attention turns to RH. With no club the Covenant is worthless, there is no SUFC. As for the planning condition requiring a stadium at FF, well that’s long gone and now irrelevant. Any legal firm worth their sort would be able to get that overturned and housing started on that site, now let’s see, who is instigating the winding up order 🤔
But if he gets PP on fossetts then he sells roots hall through the same deal.

We need someone to tell us just how much is owed, why is this so difficult! I tried to look up the details of the recent WUP but couldnt see the amount. It makes a big difference whether it is £150k or £1m

It makes a big difference if Stewart Law are prepared to accept half the £150 for example, on a deal for the rest to be guaranteed on hp, it makes a big difference to any body whose wanting to chip in, if they knew it would genuinely make a difference.

Quite a few folks responded to Rons emergency save the club and buy some shares years ago. A number of those generous souls stuck in 4 figure sums

So i ask again, how much do we owe

Anybody out there>. ? Trust, Chris Phillips,, Stewart Law? The Consortium ?

We need someone to tell us just how much is owed, why is this so difficult! I tried to look up the details of the recent WUP but couldnt see the amount. It makes a big difference whether it is £150k or £1m

It makes a big difference if Stewart Law are prepared to accept half the £150 for example, on a deal for the rest to be guaranteed on hp, it makes a big difference to any body whose wanting to chip in, if they knew it would genuinely make a difference.

Quite a few folks responded to Rons emergency save the club and buy some shares years ago. A number of those generous souls stuck in 4 figure sums

So i ask again, how much do we owe

Anybody out there>. ? Trust, Chris Phillips,, Stewart Law? The Consortium ?
In my view the WUP is a bit irrelevant now. We're at the breaking point for the whole deal and club. RM has dragged this out long enough that next season is killed by it going past 26 June, let alone the WUP itself. The WUP itself is not important. Paying just kicks the can.

What we need is a conclusion, consortium or Phoenix, my £ would be on the latter, this isn't going to be sorted in time, I think we all know that deep down. There will be so many red flags when we finally get the DD conclusion. So want to be proven wrong.

Feel for the consortium and thanks for trying but I think we’ll be moving forward without them and Ron.

Ron was never going to sell to the consortium, they will be yet another victim of the Martin’s long list of shameful business dealings, just like Kimura were before them.

Blame the council all you like, but I can guarantee you the only ones to blame for the mess we’re in is Ron and Jack Martin!!
This I’ve said it until I’m blue in the face .. and mocked time and time again .. just another group of Tara Brad’s

We are assuming that the Consortium don’t decide to pay the debt as they have a lot of money to lose if we are wound up
No that's one of the options that's been discussed - ultimately who knows?? You can make a good case for them paying it and an equally good case that they won't!

Other options Stewarts withdraw the WUP, Ron or someone else pays Stewarts, judge adjourns again, judge winds up.

1 or 2 are the best options.

3 is ok

4 is a disaster - but one option that maybe JR was referring to when he said it'll be someone else's decision if they walk away (the other maybe if DD doesn't conclude favourably)

On the anniversary of the Piggot Strike, I can only hope for yet another last minute winner.

I can only hope that the statement from COSU today was a firm kick up the backside to get the council to chase through the DD harder than before and was a calculated move as ab

The threat to walk away hopefully will be enough to ruffle the right feathers and get this done.

I completely agree with COSU not to pay the legacy debt to the lawyers that represented us during the winding up orders regarding previous debt. That debt was accrued through the mismanagement of only one man and he should be left to pay that alone.

It's not over until it's over. Come on you blues!

We are assuming that the Consortium don’t decide to pay the debt as they have a lot of money to lose if we are wound up
Sunk Cost Fallacy: the phenomenon whereby a person is reluctant to abandon a strategy or course of action because they have invested heavily in it, even when it is clear that abandonment would be more beneficial.

On the anniversary of the Piggot Strike, I can only hope for yet another last minute winner.

I can only hope that the statement from COSU today was a firm kick up the backside to get the council to chase through the DD harder than before and was a calculated move as ab

The threat to walk away hopefully will be enough to ruffle the right feathers and get this done.

I completely agree with COSU not to pay the legacy debt to the lawyers that represented us during the winding up orders regarding previous debt. That debt was accrued through the mismanagement of only one man and he should be left to pay that alone.

It's not over until it's over. Come on you blues!

They've agreed to pay it - just not until they are the owners of the club

Back