• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He isn't a developer- he buys land without planning, gets planning then sells it to someone else to develop. One development we know of (because of the VAT fraud case) he sold with planning to the developer for circa £25m (we know that because they were erroneously claming he owed £5m in VAT).
Exactly that. He buys land only. When or if was the last time he actually developed anything? Only hatred from an awful lot of SUFC supporters

I don't want a medal.. I literally want my club to survive. No one that's marched the high street. Or been to Ron's house wants a medal 🤦‍♂️
Judging by some things that here put on here or Facebook over the last year I would differ in that, not claiming you want a medal by the way, many are very righteous. Anyhow not time to debate or argue, if you protest good luck and I hope it does something, I feel it unlikely but hope is all we have.

I have had a long to and fro with Cllr Cowan sharing my frustrations. I think in short he can't say when DD will be delivered because it is dependent on receiving some outstanding information from the developer. They know what that information is, and in response to the suggestion SCC should be all over the delinquent party like an old suit he said they are.

TBH I am impressed by his level of engagement and he seems on the case (and frustrated which is a good thing).

Right at this moment my inclination would be to suggest the primary action would be to target at the developer to supply the outstanding detail to allow DD to complete. I think it comes back to unit dimensions and specification - but could be other things.

Who has any contact at the Echo/with CP or BBC Essex. We need them to be stalking Ron to get an explanation? It really need an interested journalist to on this one occasion to do something pro active- I know they are completely without the resources of old to do this more generally but this once..surely..
I suggested having an investigative journalist a while back but was shouted down by a number of zoners. Sometimes it amazes me when I think what a free ride Martin has had from the local media. And before anyway shouts out “cut-backs”, can you imagine any other “decent-sized” club having the apathetic press as we have if they had had to endure the traumatic times that we have had to suffer?

What is the likelihood of the DD coming back without issues?? That then takes even longer. There is 0 chance this is done before the court case and I highly doubt the national league are gonna be very patient with us
Almost zero chance of no issues. But not much higher than that to recommend abandoning the idea.

So cour
What is the likelihood of the DD coming back without issues?? That then takes even longer. There is 0 chance this is done before the court case and I highly doubt the national league are gonna be very patient with us

I see the expectation is that DD will complete in the next few working days and that SCC and the contractors are chasing the developer (Ron) multiple times a day. If this is correct then the answer to your question obviously becomes the critical one. I really would hope that any significant issues would not have been left until the report. But we will see.

I suggested having an investigative journalist a while back but was shouted down by a number of zoners. Sometimes it amazes me when I think what a free ride Martin has had from the local media. And before anyway shouts out “cut-backs”, can you imagine any other “decent-sized” club having the apathetic press as we have if they had had to endure the traumatic times that we have had to suffer?
In any event even with limited resource now is the time for CP and BBC Essex to be all over Ron to deliver? If a bit of old fashioned journalism is verboten now then it is clearly dead forever...

In any event even with limited resource now is the time for CP and BBC Essex to be all over Ron to deliver? If a bit of old fashioned journalism is verboten now then it is clearly dead forever...
I have constantly tweeted BBC Look East and BBC Essex but it falls on deaf ears.

If only Bernie Friend still worked for the Echo. Mind you he’d probably get banned! 😂

I have constantly tweeted BBC Look East and BBC Essex but it falls on deaf ears.

If only Bernie Friend still worked for the Echo. Mind you he’d probably get banned! 😂
Bernie still works in sports journalism.

We only ever trend when it's a disaster

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240523_181532_com.twitter.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20240523_181532_com.twitter.android.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 141
I have had a long to and fro with Cllr Cowan sharing my frustrations. I think in short he can't say when DD will be delivered because it is dependent on receiving some outstanding information from the developer. They know what that information is, and in response to the suggestion SCC should be all over the delinquent party like an old suit he said they are.

TBH I am impressed by his level of engagement and he seems on the case (and frustrated which is a good thing).

Right at this moment my inclination would be to suggest the primary action would be to target at the developer to supply the outstanding detail to allow DD to complete. I think it comes back to unit dimensions and specification - but could be other things.

Who has any contact at the Echo/with CP or BBC Essex. We need them to be stalking Ron to get an explanation? It really need an interested journalist to on this one occasion to do something pro active- I know they are completely without the resources of old to do this more generally but this once..surely..

Is it Matt Slater that's a fan and works in the national press? Afraid I don't have his contact

I’m not totally sure why the Council are the prime targets here. All the communications have stated they could not start DD until March as they had not received the information to do so. They have also said they have commenced based on a number of assumptions, due to lack of information. It seems to me they are doing what they can, why they aren’t throwing the rat under the bus by pointedly saying he is holding things up I don’t know. But these delays are being caused by one person and one person only.

And the consortium in the latest statement are starting to set up the walk away.

Is it Matt Slater that's a fan and works in the national press? Afraid I don't have his contact
Yes. He works at The Athletic, covering club takeovers. https://x.com/mjshrimper?lang=en

Don't think he's reported much on us since the deal was agreed in December. Might be a good time for some more national coverage - Ron really didn't seem to enjoy all the negative press last autumn.

Think this is just a 'hurry up' warning shot across the council bows from the consortium.
However, Ron must have the most massive grin ever on his face. He's probably never had so many authoritative and well off people hanging on his every word and action. It must be the adrenalin rush of the century for him being so needed in proceedings. Sadly I doubt his ability to deliver a pizza, never mind detailed plans.!

I agree the council should carry some responsibility but largely for the historic lack of support. I think attacking the council project manager is harsh, especially as most of us have little or no info but that doesn’t stop us offering an opinion. In any normal deal there would be a plan with timescales and if the interested party didn’t provide the info on time then that would be their problem (and cost) and the deal just wouldn’t move forward. This is unusual in that 8,000 customers are hanging on every move.

Back