• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess anna firth is a little busy right now with the general elections just around the corner .If i lived in her catchment area she could count on my vote but sadly i dont .
More to the point, her office will have effectively shut up shop to go work on the campaign. It is nice to imagine that she did all the legwork and wrote all those statements herself but realistically her staff will have been doing most of it. I'm sure we'll hear more from her between now and the election but it'll probably be more surface-level stuff of the kind we've just seen.

8) The season ticket details can't yet be released as the money will go to a club still owned by Ron and he can do what he likes with it. I'm not sure that, at this stage, there's anything anyone can do about that.
Any normal person might* use it to pay the creditors, lift this WUP and the embargo but no, not Ron.

Last edited:
We head towards a new week so more dates will come up . more talk on what’s next . More people telling us who’s doing what. So then it’s June and the Ron Martin Circus still rolls on

We head towards a new week so more dates will come up . more talk on what’s next . More people telling us who’s doing what. So then it’s June and the Ron Martin Circus still rolls on
It won't make it go any quicker I'm afraid. Interesting news on another thread regarding Season Cards though. If it happens, money coming in to ease Stewart's Law and wriggle out of embargo? Or wistful thinking on my part. We shall see.

It won't make it go any quicker I'm afraid. Interesting news on another thread regarding Season Cards though. If it happens, money coming in to ease Stewart's Law and wriggle out of embargo? Or wistful thinking on my part. We shall see.
There's a risk to paying off Stewart's - other creditors may decide to issue own WUP in order to get paid. If season tickets go on sale in the next couple of weeks, maybe other creditors will join this WUP?

Actually, he might. But that's not the point I don't think.

The point - I believe - is that the season ticket money is for COSU to run the club going forward.
I think I am looking at it too simply. Sell the tickets, pay the debt, one problem solved and maybe we can start the season as hoped. But you are right, and considering they've already put in a few million Ron is probably waiting for COSU to give in.

Any way you look at it though, doing nothing re: season tickets helps nobody.

Last edited:
This is really a very rough guestimate, but if 2000 Season cards were sold at an average of £400, that would net £800k. Could be useful in embargo lifting.
You feel though paying it in full, or any of it really, would lead to others just following up the WUP so we'd have to get embargo removed quick, sign the players we want and wait to go back under one. Doesn’t seem ideal.

I have no idea if this talk of selling season tickets now is being considered .........

.......... but if it did realise some funds then those funds could be used to pay off x% of all of the creditors. That is, each of the creditors sees an improvement in their position.

That might be enough for the current W.U.P. to be withdrawn (or whatever the legal term is) and for the other creditors not to start their own legal procedures.

All conjecture on my part.

And this still requires the whole deal to go through pronto pronto. No change in that regard.

Reactions: RHB
This is really a very rough guestimate, but if 2000 Season cards were sold at an average of £400, that would net £800k. Could be useful in embargo lifting.
£400 at National League is absolutely disgusting! I really hope that isn’t the average price!

1. Games people play.

2. End in tears.

3. Da Doo (one) Ron Ron.

Might as well create a compilation tape that says it all.

Back