• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So, Who's going to Mansfield?

I will be driving up there, and i think we can sneak it. What do you think?

Can't make it and I don't think we'll sneak it ...

WS

wink.gif

Going for sure.

Been Mansfield so many times and can recall all of once that we won I think _ Maybe Ian Benjamin scored but other than that its defeat after defeat.

Reckon we will get nothing from them.....

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,10:13)]Been Mansfield so many times and can recall all of once that we won I think _ Maybe Ian Benjamin scored but other than that its defeat after defeat.
Last time we won at Mansfield was September 1990 and indeed Ian Benjamin scored to put us back on the top of the old Third Division. Just four days previously we'd been done 8-0 Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park in the Second Round of the Rumblelows Cup. The win set us off on a run of just a single defeat in 12 League matches until the traditional festive "points giveaway" session ...

Anyway, back to Mansfield : since then it's been three draws and two defeats : 0-0 (1998/99), 1-3 (1999/2000), 1-1 (2000/01), 0-0 (2001/02) and 0-1 (2003/04). Not quite defeat after defeat but so few goals it probably feels like it!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Jan. 15 2005,22:13)]I will be driving up there, and i think we can sneak it. What do you think?
you will not be driving up there, you cant drive, you havent passed your test. however you will be a passanger in my car as im driving.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Jan. 15 2005,22:13)]I will be driving up there, and i think we can sneak it. What do you think?
and we might only sneak it if fredy eastwood finds out that there ar 10 other players on the pitch that he can pass to.

Cheers Mike,

Knew I saw Benji get on there but was quite young so its a bit vague.

Sure I saw us lose 4-0 their aswell - Bloke called Keith Casell scored a hatrick I think but again was only about 10 then.

Still think its a defeat in the making.

Well, I've never been there watching Southend and I'm yet to see us lose away from home this year.

1-2 Dudfield (2)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alex @ Jan. 16 2005,10:45)]
[b said:
you will not be driving up there, you cant drive, you havent passed your test. however you will be a passanger in my car as im driving.
Spoilsport

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,11:22)]Sure I saw us lose 4-0 their aswell - Bloke called Keith Casell scored a hatrick I think but again was only about 10 then.
11 Feb 1989

WS

Unsure. Depends on work. I wasn't expecting to go and after the last couple of games, i kinda hope im working!

laugh.gif

Back