• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sodje's Reception

Shrimp in a Kilt

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Sodje Boo's
mt1 [ maztaylor1@btinternet.com ] Sat 4-Feb-2006 19:32:05
authenticated user: MT1 (id=8073)
[ views 27 ]
[ Message 427229, follow-up to 427217 ]
When he was booed by people in the Westland Stand I felt really bad for him. As he walked past us in the College stand, we applauded him & he looked up, smiles & tried to applaud but was obviously in pain. Again, I felt ashamed by some of the fans. The others I was ahsamed of today, was the ones who went home early - as early as the 2nd goal going in. Come on you lot, what planet are you on? The game still had a long way to go. It must be very demoralising for the team to see their so called supporters leaving so early on in the match.

Was certainly give a poor rather than hostile reception. Had a good game until went off injured. Prior suggested immediately taht he would not recover and called for a substitution. However was impressed by the way their number 12 Amankwaah went round the whole ground applauding the supporters including those in the away end. He was incidently by far their best player and was really let down by a very average Yeovil side.

Maybe he's coming to us in the summer?
rock.gif

It certainly made us wonder that - the rest of the yeovil team were down the tunnel, our lads were on the way over to us, and there was Amankwaah giving us a lengthy ovation.

I'd certainly rather have him than cheating Jevons!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Feb. 04 2006,21:38)]I'd certainly rather have him than cheating Jevons!
Amen to that. Jevons spent so much time on the floor, it was embarrassing. If anyone deserved a booking for simulation it was him - the way he theatrically went down under Jupp's challenge earned Juppy a booking and the ref was falling for his cons more often than not.

A bigger cheat than Trundle?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Feb. 05 2006,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 05 2006,06:57)]A bigger cheat than Trundle?
Easily.
its a tough competition but no suprise to see Jevons at it again , how do the refs fall for it EVERY week !!!
rock.gif
he has no where near the abilty of Trundle and therefore wins this weeks award of prize Pratt

I didn't think much of jevons at all. Took a couple of free kicks one which nearly left the stadium and one that was so wide my car was nearer the goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Feb. 04 2006,21:38)]It certainly made us wonder that - the rest of the yeovil team were down the tunnel, our lads were on the way over to us, and there was Amankwaah giving us a lengthy ovation.

I'd certainly rather have him than cheating Jevons!
Amankwaah's the best full back in this league. Both times I've seen him I've been really impressed. He's quick, strong and he gets up and down the wing like a yo-yo. I'm surprised no one better has signed him. I'd love it if we did but I don't think we need a new right-back, Juppy's done a fine job this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 05 2006,06:57)]A bigger cheat than Trundle?
Without question. Four words sum him up: a diving, cheating scouse barsteward.

I pray to God that I never see him in our shirt.

Back