• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Sol Campbell on brink of quitting as Blues boss (The Sun)

I’ve recently come into regular contact with someone on the Millwall staff, who is pretty close to Barrett, and he said that he’s fairly glad he didn’t take it...

Because he loves Southend and it’s his club!

There's s far big picture. He's got bills to pay and a family to support. He's not already a millionaire like SC. Anyone would be mad to jump from secure employment to a club that's teetering on the brink of extinction.

SOUTHEND United’s board have not heard from manager Sol Campbell amid speculation surrounding his future at the club.

More...

When I worked at a sponge factory people would regularly start a new job at 8:30 on a Monday and do a runner never to be seen again at the first tea break.

Some jobs require a special breed and I am starting to question if Sol has what it takes.

Sounds ominous.

If true. I wonder what will have made sol change heart so quickly?

He would be off of the wage bill. That will be helpful at this time.

Include the Daily mirror, Guardian and Evening Standard with that lot brother.

Don't read any of them but I doubt they can provide too much competition in that department against such world class opposition... putting all that to one side I suspect in this case you have a journalist in his bed room who had seen the PFA quotes, seen Ron's quotes and seen Sol's instagram, and hey presto an instant story with no further work required. Of course I don't know- just choosing TalkSport as the far more likely source of the truth.

oh welll ....

I thought he was doing a terrific job here.

The youngsters were thriving. The players looked fit and comitted.

I thought his approach to the overall situation was well judged - focusing soley on his responsibiolity to get a team out.

He also cleared out aload of crap and poisen from the playing staff who clearly felt entitled to fat wages for poor performances ..

And the disrespset he gets on here - oh well ...

Personally not fussed if he leaves. The level of indifference to sol is quite interesting really, not sure its been that way before for one of our managers, normally people are firmly in one camp or the other.
Suggests he really isnt the man for us.

I’ve recently come into regular contact with someone on the Millwall staff, who is pretty close to Barrett, and he said that he’s fairly glad he didn’t take it...

Or a role at Cardiff City either!

He’s done a good job under the circumstances, but I wouldn’t lose too much sleep if he left. I’ve just never really warmed to the bloke at all.

He’s got a huge ego, but isn’t very likeable with it. I cringe every time he posts one of his cryptic, staring into the camera, Instagram posts and whilst I do understand his frustration with the situation, he’s gone about it the wrong way. I know he’s royally ****ed off with the hand he’s been dealt, but so many times in interviews he’s sulked, said too much, or said nowhere near enough with the infamous ‘don’t know’.

Happy for him to stay, but if he doesn’t really want to be here then I’m happy for him to leave.

Back