• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Club Staff Salaries Late/Embargo Chat - now resolved (for now)

Nobody has ever claimed Ron has injected £20m in cash….. Not even Ron

With the training ground started It seems the Ron hate bull***t has increased with the temperature.

Plenty of summer left with More signings, loanees and some decent friendlies. All are things to look forward to. Please don’t end up so miserable you end moving to Gillingham. 😎

This has been covered ad nausium in the finances thread. In simple terms other than tax man we have little external debt other than to Ron and his companies. Generally, Ron’s companies are solely owned by Ron and family. So unless you think funds coming from Ron’s companies and their assets don’t count as Ron’s in some way who do you think our hidden investor/funder has been?
So if I borrow £20 and lend it to you, you somehow think I'm a good samaritan for lending you someone else's money?

It's worth spending 5 mins of following the paper trail, as it does not suggest the money is coming from the controlling interest.

Everyone accepts the Glazer's borrowed money and used it to buy Man U and then lumped it on Man U's balance sheet, because a large enough section of their support were willing to put pressure on. As others have alluded to in this thread, the Glazer's would be given the keys to the city by swathes of our support..

Nobody has ever claimed Ron has injected £20m in cash….. Not even Ron

With the training ground started It seems the Ron hate bull***t has increased with the temperature.

Plenty of summer left with More signings, loanees and some decent friendlies. All are things to look forward to. Please don’t end up so miserable you end moving to Gillingham. 😎
yes he has, he said exactly as such in the Zoom meetings. So have people on this thread, claiming it as "fact".

How?

He said he only pays attention to “solid proof from the club”.

The information I provide comes with no “solid proof” other than a track record. I don’t provide screen shots, voice mails, voice notes etc to back up what I say. I don’t work for the Club either.
Because one concerns serious allegations of ****housery from Ron, just when everything was going so well and harming innocent families during the biggest cost of living crisis in living memory, and the other tidbits of player signing info. I get what you are saying with the comparison, but in fairness I don’t think most people would be certain to react to both types of inside info in exactly the same way.

So if I borrow £20 and lend it to you, you somehow think I'm a good samaritan for lending you someone else's money?

It's worth spending 5 mins of following the paper trail, as it does not suggest the money is coming from the controlling interest.

Everyone accepts the Glazer's borrowed money and used it to buy Man U and then lumped it on Man U's balance sheet, because a large enough section of their support were willing to put pressure on. As others have alluded to in this thread, the Glazer's would be given the keys to the city by swathes of our support..
He getting it from charges on assets owned by his own companies… if you think banks or anyone else is lending Ron money without collateral owned by his business they have a far greater estimation of Ron as a credit risk than I do.

yes he has, he said exactly as such in the Zoom meetings. So have people on this thread, claiming it as "fact".
I seem to remember Patrick Van Der Waag saying Ron had put in £35 million in a zoom meeting. No one has seriously questioned this figure. I do also remember Tom Lawrence giving off the top of his head a possible £4 million income from the stadium based on his time at Gillingham. This did raise a few eyebrows

Last edited:

No he hasn’t and No they did not.

You give people cash and you collect rent…. If you choose not to collect the rent they still owe you it.

There was an initial £4m to be paid back in 1998 otherwise we were bust and the bank would own everything. Since then the rent has. ever been collected and other money has been pumped into the club.

People have also claimed on here that Ron has since fleeced rather than fund the club….. Yet every one knows by each seasons player budget that simple can’t be the case.

just because certain people spend their lives hating Ron and denouncing anyone who doesn’t agree with them….. Won’t change the facts.

What Ron does with that money and who he doesn’t pay etc is a valid argument….. One that gets completely missed even on zoom calls because of repeated myth and deliberate lies…… Those that have good and relevant Ron questions are drowned out by those that think blind Ron hate is a badge of honour and must be shouted about on every thread and any opportunity.

Whatever you think of Ron there was absolutely no one who wanted to take over the club after Delancey decided there was nothing in it for them. No one.
The thing is, Ron has made the financial and governance structure so complicated and opaque that I’m sure it’s actually Ron putting people off. Both Wycombe and Crawley have American owners for heavens sake and, accepting the difference in current league placing, neither of those has more potential as a club than us. I’m not saying we want American owners, I’m just using the example to show that English football clubs are not short of interested suitors - none of them. Stan would know more and better, but I would think that there are potential investors out there. We just need one with enough persistence, cash and staying power to blow Ron away.

Can't remember the year but it was well after the time Ron took over. Pity with hindsight as they looked reputable (one ex WHSB - his son was in one of my son's kids football teams). My recollection was that they ideally wanted to pick up the club after administration which was a possibility but it never came and Ron wasn't selling. Wearing my optimists hat there are reputable people (fans) out there willing to buy the club once Ron's had enough. His son's not interested. Hopefully we won't have the situation after Bill Rubin's death where his sons' picked a wrongun to sell the club to. Not blaming them by the way. There are a lot of wolves in sheep's clothing about. Wearing my super optimists hat I would like to think that Stan has already started thinking around who would be interested. We'll find the next few years will fly by. Ducks in a row and all that.

The thing is, Ron has made the financial and governance structure so complicated and opaque that I’m sure it’s actually Ron putting people off. Both Wycombe and Crawley have American owners for heavens sake and, accepting the difference in current league placing, neither of those has more potential as a club than us. I’m not saying we want American owners, I’m just using the example to show that English football clubs are not short of interested suitors - none of them. Stan would know more and better, but I would think that there are potential investors out there. We just need one with enough persistence, cash and staying power to blow Ron away.
My wife's from Dundee. A billionaire American with absolutely no links to Dundee has taken over Dundee FC. He's going to build a new stadium (a bit like Col Us i.e. a bit uninspired), new training ground hotel etc etc. Oh and a crematorium as there's money in these. What's in it for him? We're watching Ozark on T V at the moment 😄
Unfortunately it means the end for Dens Park and another Archibald Leich stand.

Last edited:
All the answers to everything you need to know in life can be found on the Zone somewhere.

There is no need for anyone to take anyone else's word for the amount the club owe to Ron via his companies.

The latest available accounts (as at 31/07/19) can be found on the forum "Finances and the future of SUFC"

If you look at note 17 on page 27 you will find that the amount owed to group companies at that time was £14,242,523.

These accounts are very close to being three years old. The debt naturally increases year by year, so a figure of around £20m now would, I think, not be unreasonable.

All the answers to everything you need to know in life can be found on the Zone somewhere.

There is no need for anyone to take anyone else's word for the amount the club owe to Ron via his companies.

The latest available accounts (as at 31/07/19) can be found on the forum "Finances and the future of SUFC"

If you look at note 17 on page 27 you will find that the amount owed to group companies at that time was £14,242,523.

These accounts are very close to being three years old. The debt naturally increases year by year, so a figure of around £20m now would, I think, not be unreasonable.
I think that might be a bit high. On the basis that the debt is £14m after about 20 years and we've been cost cutting and trying to become more self-sufficient I'd be surprised if we've incurred £6m more in three years.

I guess we'll find out one day, if the accounts are ever completed.

I think that might be a bit high. On the basis that the debt is £14m after about 20 years and we've been cost cutting and trying to become more self-sufficient I'd be surprised if we've incurred £6m more in three years.

I guess we'll find out one day, if the accounts are ever completed.
I also thought it might be high but it seems clear that the club needs support of a minimum of £1m per year. On top of that we had the pandemic when the club's income would have been considerably reduced, and that's why I said £20m would not be unreasonable.

I am in full agreement with your final sentence. Only time will tell us for sure.

He getting it from charges on assets owned by his own companies… if you think banks or anyone else is lending Ron money without collateral owned by his business they have a far greater estimation of Ron as a credit risk than I do.
on the contrary, he owns no meaningful assets. That's the whole point I am making.

Seeing as people screamed blue murder for proof of non-payment of wages or an embargo on this thread, the same criteria should be set for the claim he has assets to place as security - could you point me to them in companies accounts owned by him? I'd genuinely be grateful, as I imagine would the SFO.

Using your point, do you think any bank would lend to him when any asset he provides as security is potentially going to be seized by a court in the future?

All his loans, as I've already stated, appear to come from property companies, some seemingly linked to relatives, some not. I'd imagine they are either lent as a favour or securitized against a slice of the FF profits.

Apologies, that is not the point being made. The dispute is that people have claimed on here that "he put that money in". The supposed debt (I use the term supposed on the basis of renting a stadium and other property, ash trays, tables, carpet that were the club's own, before he took over), is largely accrued rent liabilities and from what I can discern onwards loans.

Still, I welcome anyone to provide any evidence to the contrary that he's actually put his hand in his own pocket and invested into the club - it's been a long wait....

Back