• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some positives from tonight

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
It's not easy after a 3-0 home defeat but I'm gonna attempt to raise the spirits. I think the word to some Norwich up tonight was clinical. They had a spell in the first half where they had a few shots but I never thought they got in behind us. I went in at half time thinking it was pretty even.

Second half we had a decent spell ourselves and I started to think we could nick it but only from a set piece as we
didn't look too dangerous. It wasn't to be but the players didn't let their heads drop and neither did us fans in the west. Hats off to everyone in block v tonight.

I really hate seeing us lose but since the whole blue voice thing has taken off it's no longer like a morgue if we go behind n defeats r that little bit easier to take knowing we put in the effort in the stands. So well done to smiffy, true blue n co for that.

Charlton away Saturday. Easy. UTB

Norwich filled out their allocation, but they were silent for the majority of the game, even when 2-0 up. Anyone who doubts the strength of the blue voice, should use this game as an example of supporters who get behind their team when 2-0 down. I though the support and noise from the V/W block of the West stand was fantastic tonight

Agreed, top work in TBV area, well done to all - funnily enough I think it was during your quietest period that we went 2 down. Very impressed with the time after the game the noise went on for too.

Another positive for me was Macca's performance. 9 out of 10 from me.

Would have given him a perfect 10 if it wasn't for the dive that brought about the booking , the 'soft' penalty he gave away and his numerous wayward passes.

Yeah as gutted as i was when I saw we'd signed orient scum, Ibehre looked head n shoulders above anything else we've got up top, Barnard aside.

No worries smiffy. I can't drum to save my life but if ya need someone giving out flags or something give me a buzz.

TBV EXCELLENT
got right behind the team when they needed it the most . Very noticable how quickly the drum started up after we conceeded. Hope this doesn't have to happen too often!

Yea noise was good from TBV, shame the rest of the ground is so quiet. Also seeing half the stadium empty when the third goal went in wasnt a nice sight.

Yea noise was good from TBV, shame the rest of the ground is so quiet. Also seeing half the stadium empty when the third goal went in wasnt a nice sight.

I've got to be honest I was really tempted to go at that point. I live in South London now and could've made the earlier train at that point. It was clear we weren't going to get back into it and it was quite depressing to watch. I just think its wrong to do that and the last 10 minutes reminded me why I'm so proud to be a Southend fan coz we sang like we were the side that were 2 goals to the good and put the Norwich fans to shame.

Cheers mate. We certainly did our bit as always in V/W block.

I bought 5 mates down from Brighton for this game (Not brighton fans, 1 spurs, 1 gunner, 1 villa, 1 liverpool and 1 Besiktas fan), although we lost 3-0 they were all quite impressed with the atmosphere, we were sat in block u.

It was also my first home game since Leeds at home and I think the atmosphere was better last night and the Leeds fans were 100 times Louder than Nowich, so well done boys, were getting better and slowly more people are joining in with the songs.

I bought 5 mates down from Brighton for this game (Not brighton fans, 1 spurs, 1 gunner, 1 villa, 1 liverpool and 1 Besiktas fan), although we lost 3-0 they were all quite impressed with the atmosphere, we were sat in block u.

It was also my first home game since Leeds at home and I think the atmosphere was better last night and the Leeds fans were 100 times Louder than Nowich, so well done boys, were getting better and slowly more people are joining in with the songs.

Nice to hear such comments from other fans. Particularly your Besiktas mate. A positive comment from anyone who has fans, that produce noise like this, is great - Besiktas

Maybe one day this will be TrueBlue walking on to the pitch at Fossetts!

cheers always nice to get positive comments

No Problem. I tend to alternate between V and the family stand depending on who I go with. Much prefer atmosphere in V but not always possible for me . I have always been very supportive of TBV . I am a great beleoiver in we 'the supporters' make a difference and therefore the sooner that drum starts up the better ! The fact is the drum leads the chanting and its importance should not be under estimated IMO

keep up the good work

dave

Nice to hear such comments from other fans. Particularly your Besiktas mate. A positive comment from anyone who has fans, that produce noise like this, is great - Besiktas

Maybe one day this will be TrueBlue walking on to the pitch at Fossetts!

If I could do that and get the Southend crowd going like that you can strike me down on the pitch now and I would die a happy man

The Besiktas fans were the highlight of a crappy trip to Old Trafford last week... they were simply awesome for the whole game.

The Besiktas fans were the highlight of a crappy trip to Old Trafford last week... they were simply awesome for the whole game.
They are the loudest, most passionate fans in the world bar none. They hold the world record in terms of decibel levels created at a game. The noise levels peaked at 132db for a champions league game against liverpool, a couple of years back. Would love to get to a besiktas home game at some point. The vids on youtube are crazy!

Back