• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Somerset CCC vs. Essex CCC

Somerset have won the toss and elected to bat (0/0 off of 0.5overs)

Essex team shows one change from game against Yorkshire, Middlebrook replaces GWF - Hoorah.
upside.gif

Somerset 11/1 off 8 overs, Alex Tudor having figures of 4-3-1-1.

Worryingly for England the man out is Trescothick for 4. Flintoff made 0. Butcher and Vaughan are yet to bat, but its not all bad news - Strauss made his highest score of the season with 13
smile.gif
rock.gif
sad.gif

119/5 at the end of day. Napier and Tudor with 2 whilst Goughie has one. Got 40 overs in as well.

166/7, Napier now has three. Get rid of Laraman and we should be able to keep them under 200 one would hope.

I think the weather is going to hinder us getting a result though.

Somerset 190 all out
3 wickets for Gough and Napier, 2 apiece for Tudor and Adams.

Very good performance, now we need to knock up 400 pronto

Big Will has gone already for 11... Caddick's first victim. Could be a bit of a green-top, this one. Delighted to see that the player to make way for James Middlebrook has been...

Grant Flower.

biggrin.gif

Essex 19/1 now.

alistair cook has made a sound start. 34 not out.

we are not 51-1.

i think if we knuckle down we can get a 150 lead minimum even though it is a green top.

bopara in with cook, i hope he does well and picks up where he left off in the last match.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 28 2005,14:11)]Big Will has gone already for 11... Caddick's first victim.  Could be a bit of a green-top, this one.  Delighted to see that the player to make way for James Middlebrook has been...

Grant Flower.

biggrin.gif

Essex 19/1 now.
If it is a greentop I'd have thought they wouldn't have gone for Middlebrook over G. Flower.

Essex are nicely poised at 86-1. Cook has rattled onto 60, whilst Bopara appears to be labouring having made just 8 off 65 balls. Hopefully he'll be looking to up that run-rate now his eye is in (I'm hoping his eye is in!).

Ton up for Essex - 102/1.

Good point about the Greentop, HKB. At a bit of a loss to understand how or why Somerset did so poorly against our seamers.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 28 2005,15:53)]Ton up for Essex - 102/1.

Good point about the Greentop, HKB.  At a bit of a loss to understand how or why Somerset did so poorly against our seamers.

Matt
Feet off of the floor chaps - 111/1.

Cook 70*
Bopara 21*

All good stuff eh? Glad to see they won't be picking up any batting points either.

Here's hoping we kick on now and really put them to the sword...

[b said:

Good point about the Greentop, HKB.  At a bit of a loss to understand how or why Somerset did so poorly against our seamers.

Matt
Probably because they aren't very good. Bear in mind that Yorkshire stuffed them by an innings and plenty, and we had much the better of the game against Yorkshire.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ April 28 2005,16:01)]Probably because they aren't very good. Bear in mind that Yorkshire stuffed them by an innings and plenty, and we had much the better of the game against Yorkshire.
Their opening bat's not bad though!

Here's hoping Tresco has another 'mare in the second innings and then goes on to have a summer to remember
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 28 2005,16:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ April 28 2005,16:01)]Probably because they aren't very good. Bear in mind that Yorkshire stuffed them by an innings and plenty, and we had much the better of the game against Yorkshire.
Their opening bat's not bad though!

Here's hoping Tresco has another 'mare in the second innings and then goes on to have a summer to remember  
smile.gif
Hmm, I fear not, I think Gillespie has got his number. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong though.

Ton and a half now... 150/1 - Cook 85*, Bopara 36*. Decent pace too - that's come off 41 overs.

smile.gif

How come Somerset are doing so poorly - they've got some decent players...?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ April 28 2005,16:16)]Hmm, I fear not, I think Gillespie has got his number. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong though.
With you there Paul (and I too would love to be wrong). The Aussies often have specific plans for the English batsmen and they've got Tresco totally under their spell.

Hope they don't 'find out' Andrew Strauss....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ April 28 2005,15:59)]
[b said:

Matt
Feet off of the floor chaps - 111/1.

Cook 70*
Bopara 21*
Another nelson alert - this time for Ally Cook who has hit only his second(?) Championship ton.

Essex now with a lead of 9 runs and 9 wickets.

Back