• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Song for the Boys

Prawn_2b_Wild

My kids were browsing a mobile ringtone website earlier and I had a look at the football ringtone section..which got me thinking..
There are many clubs who have songs they'latch onto'..to explain better think Man City and Blue Moon or Worst Ham and Bubbles...
Is there a song out there, could be absolutely anything really, something easy to remember that we could make our own?
something that would echo around the hall..not likely I KNOW but from where I sit in the middle of the west about the only song that on a good day that will spread around the ground is Barmy Army.. hardly inspiring and most people around me just sort of clap along anyway.. so what do you think? Is there a song we could make our own?
We need to make the Hall into a Fortress and its just not on that a 100 odd away fans make more noise than us..

Every club sings that!! well not the SOUTHEND bit
smile.gif

"You are my Southend" went down very well when we brought it back to life at Macclesfield a couple of years ago. The song all but disappeared with the demise of the North Bank for reasons obvious to more older fans ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ July 31 2004,10:00)]"You are my Southend" went down very well when we brought it back to life at Macclesfield a couple of years ago. The song all but disappeared with the demise of the North Bank for reasons obvious to more older fans ...

WS
I use to love it when we sang that in the North Bank.

But the words to 'You are my Southend' really reflect what the club means to SUFC supporters and makes me tingle when sung en masse.

No other song comes close.

But the you are my (insert team name here) is sung but the majority of clubs.
No other club to my knowledge sings Blue Moon other than man city, Im forever blowing bubbles, etc.

If you are talking about songs that make you tingle you will never beat the stand up if you love Southend at Cardiff and then seeing 10,000 plus shrimpers stand up. Quality

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 31 2004,16:32)]Then maybe we should adopt Moyet's 'Blue'? Southend links and everything!
I have sent our Alison an email to perform "Blue" at Roots Hall, instead of these pretenders we get on Bonanaza days. She hasnt replied so i may step up the anty and get the SZers in on the act?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ July 31 2004,16:28)]No other club to my knowledge sings Blue Moon other than man city, Im forever blowing bubbles, etc.
"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" has some history to it though as West Ham fans have been singing it since the 1920s*, so we have a distinct disadvantage.

WS

(* The reason West Ham sing "Bubbles" is believed to be fan's homage to player Billy Murray who bore a striking resemblence to the child in the Pear's Soap advert at the time.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ July 31 2004,17:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 31 2004,16:32)]Then maybe we should adopt Moyet's 'Blue'? Southend links and everything!
I have sent our Alison an email to perform "Blue" at Roots Hall, instead of these pretenders we get on Bonanaza days. She hasnt replied so i may step up the anty and get the SZers in on the act?
If this was to be considered seriously, it would have to be an approach from an official organiser of entertainment to her management.

Nice try though.

We used to have a club song back in the 50s called "All Pull Together", sung to the tune of The Eton Boating Song :

All pull together—
Show them how to score;
SOUTHEND pull together
When you hear us roar
UP the UNITED!
Our motto will always be—
Up boys, and at 'em!
For SOUTHEND beside the sea.

Some folks talk of Arsenal,
The Wolves and Pompey too
But we don't care about them
So long as we've got the Blues,
While we continue
To give them a helping hand,
While we continue
To support them the best we can.

So come on, you supporters,
Wherever our lads play
Follow the United
No matter how far away
Let the team hear you
As they go all out to score—
Shake your opponents
With the good old United Roar.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ July 31 2004,16:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ July 31 2004,16:28)]No other club to my knowledge sings Blue Moon other than man city, Im forever blowing bubbles, etc.
"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" has some history to it though as West Ham fans have been singing it since the 1920s*, so we have a distinct disadvantage.

WS

(* The reason West Ham sing "Bubbles" is believed to be fan's homage to player Billy Murray who bore a striking resemblence to the child in the Pear's Soap advert at the time.)
Nothing to do with Michael Jackson then?
biggrin.gif

Back