• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry... Where we promoted last weekend?

MikeInNewbury

Now it may be that I'm a little dense, or don't understand business. But...
At the Swansea game we were guaranteed promotion, either as Champions or Runners-up. So it would seem reasonable to me to go to our suppliers of all things in the club shop and say that we need items with 'Champions/runners-up' (delete as applicable after the Bristol match), and we anticipate good sales of product in the first week or so after that match. Then make arrangements for supplies to cover the expected rush.
I phoned the club shop yesterday to find out what was available and was told that they were 'planning a meeting later this week' to decide what to do!
So assuming they decide to 'do something', it'll be next week before discussions take place, and June/July before anything happens.
I can't help thinking that by that time the boat will have long left the end of the pier.
Any thoughts anyone?

I don't mind the slight delay, as my finances can now recover after a long season!

They are always backwards and sh!t at getting things done, you just have to learn to live with it.

I mean, think of how many other teams got their new shirts out for the summer, can Southend do that? Hell no.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MikeInNewbury @ May 10 2006,14:08)]Now it may be that I'm a little dense, or don't understand business. But...
At the Swansea game we were guaranteed promotion, either as Champions or Runners-up. So it would seem reasonable to me to go to our suppliers of all things in the club shop and say that we need items with 'Champions/runners-up' (delete as applicable after the Bristol match), and we anticipate good sales of product in the first week or so after that match. Then make arrangements for supplies to cover the expected rush.
I phoned the club shop yesterday to find out what was available and was told that they were 'planning a meeting later this week' to decide what to do!
So assuming they decide to 'do something', it'll be next week before discussions take place, and June/July before anything happens.
I can't help thinking that by that time the boat will have long left the end of the pier.
Any thoughts anyone?
Dont you will upset Steve_Clubshop
laugh.gif

Also would like to point out that Southend United are 100 years old in 9 days time. Havn't been in the club shop for a few weeks but I would imagine it is packed with Centenary items by now.

As for the shirts already asked about them on another thread. But we will be lucky to see them by the start of the season which is only 9 weeks away!!

The people that organise things at Southend United are to put it mildly, lame.

Quite clearly you don't understand business coz they had we're going up T-shirts in ready for the Bristol City Game.

They aint exactly going to print the t-shirts up early with either Champions or Runners up untill it was confirmed, surely that seems logical enough.

I spoke to the shop this morning, and they said they are expecting some CHAMPIONS T-shirts by Thursday, So for 3 BUSINESS days after it was confirmed i don't see that bad going!!!! He also said there would be a meeting to discuss MORE products that they would like to run, but did not know what to expect yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southend-on-Sea @ May 10 2006,14:29)]They are always backwards and sh!t at getting things done, you just have to learn to live with it.

I mean, think of how many other teams got their new shirts out for the summer, can Southend do that? Hell no.
Obviously the thing holding it back would be a new sponsor coz i have not seen anything annouced yet on the official site.

I WANT I WANT........You don't have a clue what your talking about do you, not exactly going to release a shirt, without a sponsor are they.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ May 10 2006,15:05)]I spoke to the shop this morning, and they said they are expecting some CHAMPIONS T-shirts by Thursday
Excellent - so when I renew my season ticket on Saturday morning, I can max the credit card as well...

Hope a polo-shirt with "League One Champions" in the style of last years "League Two Play-Off Winners" will be available as well...

you can easier release the design of the next home shirt without the sponsors logo on it. but i can see why they wouldn't do it.

Do you really have nothing better to do though than wait in anticipation for a new strip?
Come on it's summer!!!!!!!!!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ May 10 2006,15:05)]Quite clearly you don't understand business coz they had we're going up T-shirts in ready for the Bristol City Game.

They aint exactly going to print the t-shirts up early with either Champions or Runners up untill it was confirmed, surely that seems logical enough.

I spoke to the shop this morning, and they said they are expecting some CHAMPIONS T-shirts by Thursday, So for 3 BUSINESS days after it was confirmed i don't see that bad going!!!! He also said there would be a meeting to discuss MORE products that they would like to run, but did not know what to expect yet.
According to the club shop yesterday, the 'We're going up' T-shirts were'nt official club ones and were'nt available in the club shop. I wasn't there on Sat to be able to comment on that claim, but apparently the quality wasn't too good and they were getting people in with complaints.
Silk-printing on T-shirts isn't a problem and is quite quick. So it would have been easily possible to have those produced after the match and before Monday, believe me. You'd just have to have decided to create the silk screens in advance. These days you can even get multi colour transfers within a short time period, so I don't understand the problem there.
T-shirts is just one product. Having a meeting almost two weeks after promotion is confirmed to 'discuss more products' hardly demonstrates a forward thinking mentality.
I'm just disappointed. This is not the first, but the umpteenth time the club has failed to react with any speed to a developing situation. I dread to think how much income has been lost over the years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ May 10 2006,15:33)]you can easier release the design of the next home shirt without the sponsors logo on it. but i can see why they wouldn't do it.
My thoughts exactly - even the scum managed that. Imagine if they'd had one on display in the club shop on Saturday, available to pre-order with a 50% deposit. Would have sold f%&king hundreds.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ May 10 2006,15:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ May 10 2006,15:33)]you can easier release the design of the next home shirt without the sponsors logo on it. but i can see why they wouldn't do it.
My thoughts exactly - even the scum managed that. Imagine if they'd had one on display in the club shop on Saturday, available to pre-order with a 50% deposit. Would have sold f%&king hundreds.
You clearly have never been in that shop on a match day have you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ May 10 2006,15:53)]Imagine if they'd had one on display in the club shop on Saturday, available to pre-order with a 50% deposit. Would have sold f%&king hundreds.
They'd have had to set up some special desks just to handle the queues.
wink.gif

Oh well, we can but wait

Back