• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

South Woodham Ferrers

KrustyTheKray

President
Anyone know anything about the area etc, as considering a move there in the near future.

From what i've seen its seems quite nice.

I've noticed a hill nearby with alot of radars and satellite dishes on it, i believe this is called radar hill, again do any of you guys know anything about this.

Any views and opinions kindly appreciated.

It is indeed Radar Hill!

I don't know an awful lot about SWF, although I've always thought of it as a decent place, although a little dull.

It has no town centre so to speak, just a few shops and bars around ASDA.

Full of complete ****ers, SWF would be a nice place to live, assuming you move into a decent part of town, but avoid nights out in SWF like the plague!

Tony seriously think about Hockley mate!
People can talk alot about Woodham, especially those who have never been there but all in all, a very good quiet Town with very very little hooligan element !It has good schools and the only downside is not alot to do for teenagers. House prices are ,beleive it or not very stable in Woodham,with 3/4 bedroom houses at a premium as most people who move in the town tend to stay and move up. Every area has it downside wherever you live , but any town that was good enough for Tilly is good enough for me!

People can talk alot about Woodham, especially those who have never been there but all in all, a very good quiet Town with very very little hooligan element !It has good schools and the only downside is not alot to do for teenagers. House prices are ,beleive it or not very stable in Woodham,with 3/4 bedroom houses at a premium as most people who move in the town tend to stay and move up. Every area has it downside wherever you live , but any town that was good enough for Tilly is good enough for me!

you ****ed on my parade now :( :hilarious: :finger:

ask the General, his bird lives there, and he frequents her quite regularly

Born there moved away, not my decision, but would not move back - too far from southend. The branch line gives up far too often! Nice place as long as you drive.

Ah the delights of SWF! Hmmmm! As you are a family man TTK, i'd imagine its a great place, especially if you have little un's to oik about all day. Whe you missus goes and does the shopping, she can get any other bits and bobs done in no time at all as its all based in one very compact area. Plenty of indian take-away's etc..., couple of nice restuarants ( try Blu - remember to tip well ;) ) a huge park, marsh farm for the little 'uns and a few Ladbrokes to boot if you like a gamble. Quite a few pubs in and around SWF too and some even do some great okay grub.

House prices aren't too bad. Saw a 4 bedroom semi' on the market for about £250,000 the other day ( just out my price range ) but generally speaking, houses are a good size and an okay price.

Whereabouts you thinking of going?!

Live there until I was 12 ('99) and I miss the place in some ways, but not others.

The schools are good, the streets are safe, and it is a nice place. Since I left the swimming pool has been built, and I even believe there is a McDonalds in the town.

For teenagers though, I imagine there is still not that much to do, but then theres plenty of teenagers there, so they must do something. The branchline train service isn't great, but it's better than nothing, and if you're a London commuter, plenty of people do it.

House prices aren't too bad. Saw a 4 bedroom semi' on the market for about £250,000 the other day ( just out my price range )

Then the Royal Mail is right not to give postal workers more money if you can only just miss out on a place worth a quarter of a mill

;)

Tony seriously think about Hockley mate!

You will get a lot better house in Woodham for your money. Mind you Hockley seems expensive compared to Hullbridge, Ashingdon, Rayleigh etc.

My Bro has a really nice place in Woodham, near the station which seems to be the older better established area.

You will get a lot better house in Woodham for your money. Mind you Hockley seems expensive compared to Hullbridge, Ashingdon, Rayleigh etc.

My Bro has a really nice place in Woodham, near the station which seems to be the older better established area.

look I want a hero like Tony in my town please!!!!!! :guns: :finger:

Back