• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton in the Cup !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 28 2005,12:53)]I'm missing Swindon (away), Tranmere (home) and Rotherham (away) when I go on my hols... I'm pretty pleased with that!

biggrin.gif
You can give me regular text updates, if I miss the game then, Spiffy
tounge.gif

Southend a $%&* Hole. They obviuosly walk around Southampton with there eyes closed.

So a chorus of your not famous anymore should go down well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ June 28 2005,12:45)]arse, was quite chuffed about only missing Huddersfield during my holiday but I will miss this one, bugger.
my sentiments exactly. I'm coming home on the monday night. I say give sky thier £50K back and play it on the tuesday
mad.gif

Last year I went down to Southampton a couple of times cos I knew a few students down there and I erally wouldn't much want to visit some of the places again, particularly the pub where I watched the Man U Arsenal game.

wow.gif

Best thing is that I still have plenty of contacts who worked in Portsmouth and supported Southampton and I'll be sure to pass on my best regards to them should they do anything other than beat us comfortably.

Shotgun England superstar Crouchy plays. That would make my day!

I was hoping for QPR at home, memories of that night in the LDV when they were flying in the league and we couldn't hit a barn door.

They had 2000 fans at the start, only about 20 at the final whistle  
tounge.gif

But hey, what a turn up. Can we win? Of course we can !
Our luck on TV has changed in the last few games as well  
smile.gif

Can't wait for the season to begin !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ June 28 2005,12:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 28 2005,12:53)]I'm missing Swindon (away), Tranmere (home) and Rotherham (away) when I go on my hols... I'm pretty pleased with that!

biggrin.gif
You can give me regular text updates, if I miss the game then, Spiffy
tounge.gif
Will do
biggrin.gif

Remind me though, cos you know what I'm like!
cool.gif

sorry for asking guys, but what is the date of the cup tie against the saints??

thanks Matt. That will be my first day in Southend, I hope I can get tix!!

Great draw, best we could have had considering the Prem teams aren't in the 1st round, but I'M ON HOLIDAY
mad.gif
I'll have to watch it on TV because they have SKY at Centre Parcs, would love to be there though should be a sell out. I was hoping we'd get Carlisle away or a rubbish draw like that. Oh well it's a good tie for the club, £50,000 that could buy a good player.

We couldn't have got Carlisle away cos the first round draw is split into northern and southern teams.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ June 28 2005,12:54)]quite interesting response from the saints

Saints Forever
From one Saints fan "southend is a $%&*hole, watched one of them fly on the wall police thingys a while back and the OB were in southend.... chavtastic, fights everywhere and one women laying into her partner, he just let her hit him and when she got no reaction from him.... she bit his EAR off?".

I think we should prove him wrong, by showing him how great Southend is, and how it's team is even greater! Let's break this deadlock of not winning in the league cup this century! Up the blues!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ June 28 2005,17:17)]That's the damn 'Drunk and Disorderly' programme he's talking about, completely ruined the town's reputation
mad.gif
There was another one I seem to remember on BBC Three about Southend's pirate radio scene which made the town look awful also.

There was another one too, was about bailiff's.

Can't recall what the name was but it kept going between London and Southend.

Maybe we should send them a copy of Essex Boys
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ June 28 2005,17:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ June 28 2005,17:17)]That's the damn 'Drunk and Disorderly' programme he's talking about, completely ruined the town's reputation
mad.gif
There was another one I seem to remember on BBC Three about Southend's pirate radio scene which made the town look awful also.
I know that Southend isn't like that every night and everywhere you go but you have to remember that they didn't falsify film. It happened, it was caught on camera and of course they are going toshow it because it is sensationalist television.

Besides, I'm not sure how much of a reputation we had before the programmes....

suspect.gif

The camera's could go around Southend on a Friday night and see hundred's of people havin a good night out.

They film a couple of idiot's trying to cave each other's face's in and that is what will be shown on the TV.
mad.gif

Sad but true.

Back