• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Fans at Wembley

A Century United

Firewalking for HD
My brother chose to be a Donnie for the day, says he had a brilliant time, Donnie fans he spoke to couldn't praise our fans at the Keepmoat highly enough, excellent party atmosphere for the whole game, and on the way out found himself walking behind a group of fans with an SUFC flag.

Anyone on here go?

My brother chose to be a Donnie for the day, says he had a brilliant time, Donnie fans he spoke to couldn't praise our fans at the Keepmoat highly enough, excellent party atmosphere for the whole game, and on the way out found himself walking behind a group of fans with an SUFC flag.

Anyone on here go?

Where did he sit? Donny itself, i liked the way some Donny fans came in fancy dress as Wembley seats :unsure:

Sour grapes me thinks

Maybe mate but i did say before the game that it was wrong to have that many empty seats for a final. I think that the people that run the stadium, the Football league and Donny are to blame for that. I just think its wrong to leave them empty, i don't think Doncaster are any lesser side for not selling them.

Where did he sit? Donny itself, i liked the way some Donny fans came in fancy dress as Wembley seats :unsure:

yeah - you were deservedly beaten by the better team, something we can admit but you lot can't.

Maybe mate but i did say before the game that it was wrong to have that many empty seats for a final. I think that the people that run the stadium, the Football league and Donny are to blame for that. I just think its wrong to leave them empty, i don't think Doncaster are any lesser side for not selling them.

Still next season when they're in The Championship playing Birmingham, Southanmpton etc you'll be packing them out against Hartlepool and Yeovil. Thems the breaks for you massive sides eh?

As reported on 909 Leeds could have sold more seats had the Football League
released more tickets taking them away from corporate customers for which it seems these areas where empty

Earlier in the week donny had to stop selling tickets to there own supporters as they leeds fans trying to get tickets or there end

What i found worrying that was picked up on the raido there pockets of Leeds supporters in the shirts mixed in the donny fans in one area it was
indicated there was about 500 Leeds supporters with a line of police around
them

its sounded like all passed off ok but you get to hear this on the radio

Where here have i had ago at the numbers of Doncaster fans. I am sorry but i am not going to massage egos and say they were great fans. From were i was i couldn't hear them to right at the end. Donny fans i have spoken to have admitted that themselves. Like i said to someone before would you like to play at wembley in an half empty stadium? I wanted to see Leeds play at Wembley packed to the rafters maybe thats wrong.

Where here have i had ago at the numbers of Doncaster fans. I am sorry but i am not going to massage egos and say they were great fans. From were i was i couldn't hear them to right at the end. Donny fans i have spoken to have admitted that themselves. Like i said to someone before would you like to play at wembley in an half empty stadium? I wanted to see Leeds play at Wembley packed to the rafters maybe thats wrong.

Are you from Leeds?

As reported on 909 Leeds could have sold more seats had the Football League
released more tickets taking them away from corporate customers for which it seems these areas where empty

Earlier in the week donny had to stop selling tickets to there own supporters as they leeds fans trying to get tickets or there end

What i found worrying that was picked up on the raido there pockets of Leeds supporters in the shirts mixed in the donny fans in one area it was
indicated there was about 500 Leeds supporters with a line of police around
them

its sounded like all passed off ok but you get to hear this on the radio

There was too big groups of Leeds fans in the Donny end. There were a couple of hundred of Leeds in the lower tier but right at the top there was a mass exudus of thousands of Leeds fans that stayed at the top in one big group.
Discussing Leeds support yesterday on five live and Proudfoot had been told by Head of wembley that more Leeds fans in the corporate sector yesterday than all England games and FA Cup finals (incl Scum v Chelski last year). In contrast today they have only skeleton staff on duty because only 260 people have booked. Yesterday there were 15,000 on Club Wembley-98% Leeds.

Earlier on Radio 5 they estimated 55,000 Leeds fans at yesterday's match. With the exception of Arsenal who used Wembley for home european games this was the largest single club support at Wembley since Liverpool played FC Bruge in the 1978 European Cup Final.

Last edited:
Toellandback please take note............

1-0 and

Nowhere.... Leedscum are going Nowhere

See you back at the galpharm again next season toellandback, another nice 3 points in the bag. Hopefully we can give you more of a game at your place this time, im sure we will now mr ternant is in charge and hoyle is splashing the cash.Roll on august

I thought the reason many donny seats were empty was because they had to stop selling as leeds fans were buying tickets in their end, in which case its leeds fault that those seats were empty, and leeds fault that donny fans who might have wanted to go couldnt.

No, i have said all along i live in Suffolk. I have also just found out that it was the highest attendance fopr a league 1 play off final, so :clap: to all involved whatever side.

I heard that Man City against Gillingham a few years back was the biggest League 1 or equivelent playoff final attendance

I thought the reason many donny seats were empty was because they had to stop selling as leeds fans were buying tickets in their end, in which case its leeds fault that those seats were empty, and leeds fault that donny fans who might have wanted to go couldnt.

Not quite. They were still selling them you just had to be on the database so theres no excuse for those wanting tickets not getting them if they were a Donny fan.

Not quite. They were still selling them you just had to be on the database so theres no excuse for those wanting tickets not getting them if they were a Donny fan.

Since when have mere facts and hard evidence been a reason to miss out on a bit of Leeds bashing ?? ;) :whistling:

I heard that Man City against Gillingham a few years back was the biggest League 1 or equivelent playoff final attendance

I'm almost certain the Sky commentator said as much on Sunday; I think Leeds vs Donny fell a couple of thousand short of Gills vs Man City (I game I was at; cracking fun it was too)

Back