• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bigdel

Coach
Why oh why are we having a racing tip guide on the OFFICIAL SOUTHEND UNITED WEBPAGE.
For gods sake,I like a punt but I buy the Racing Post for this information,who ever is in charge of this please change to football matters,if you thought you was being clever with the Southend Theme of Broughton Knows yesterday,you missed the 2.37 at Perry Barr dogs when trap 6 was called Blue Belles.

Is Uncle Ron investing our profits in this service the club now provides
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Sep. 15 2004,21:07)]Chill out those are put on there by FPL
I don't think this one was though ...

WS

I put the article there and it will become a regular feature on a wide range of sports. The club needs all the money it can get I'm sure you will agree and the betting facilities can show good potential in returns if used correctly.

Not everyone is going to be interested but it is obvious which stories are betting related from the leader on the front page and if it doesn't appeal to you then just ignore it.

As long as the Southend news keeps coming for those who are just interested in that then everyone will be happy.

Totally agree. I don't bet at all but I can see the benefit in promoting the SUFC related betting service in any way, shape or form. Especially when any tenuous SUFC links can be picked up on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Sep. 16 2004,09:36)]I put the article there and it will become a regular feature on a wide range of sports. The club needs all the money it can get I'm sure you will agree and the betting facilities can show good potential in returns if used correctly.

Not everyone is going to be interested but it is obvious which stories are betting related from the leader on the front page and if it doesn't appeal to you then just ignore it.

As long as the Southend news keeps coming for those who are just interested in that then everyone will be happy.
The best way for the club to keep the money flowing is to stock the shop fully and not have the problems of not having the right shirt size in stock,or only one person who can iron names and numbers on shirts,this costs the club money.
Getting a small slice of the betting will not have a dramatic effect on the club.
If the club cannot see this then perhaps its time for a new marketing manager to come into the club,not only to promote the club,but to analysis where the money can be best obtained to increase cash flow !!

I'd suggest the 588,000 pounds that Ipswich took through their own line betting this month says otherwise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Sep. 16 2004,22:31)]I'd suggest the 588,000 pounds that Ipswich took through their own line betting this month says otherwise.
588,000! Is that all? What on Earth would we expect to do with that?

tounge.gif

Nah! Kazoo's, mate... that's where the real money is.

I think that the top headline on the official site should be the latest news story about Southend United. That aside, if the club want to try and get money in through their online betting service, through promoting tickets or through online shop sales, then that's all to the good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 16 2004,21:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Sep. 16 2004,22:31)]I'd suggest the 588,000 pounds that Ipswich took through their own line betting this month says otherwise.
588,000! Is that all? What on Earth would we expect to do with that?

tounge.gif

Nah! Kazoo's, mate... that's where the real money is.
hehehe

Sorry Scriv,you cannot compare us with Ipswich,they have more fans than us,be honest if you know how much Ipswich got from this on line betting,compare the ratio fans - fans and how many hits their site get to ours.
Perhaps you compare how much Kidderminster make on this if they have the same feature,I would be interested
We had the same trouble with the Southend credit card,that was high on interest rates,when originally circulated,people saw the club connection and joined me included.
My original point is use the Official Site to entice supporters to buy goods from the club,and perhaps keep us up to date with FF plans,perhaps you can get paid advertising from Ladbrokes or William Hills are the better option as they priced the Shrimpers at better odds at the start of the season

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Sep. 17 2004,11:35)]... perhaps keep us up to date with FF plans...
Why should we help Karers in their quest to find out the latest on the situation?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Sep. 17 2004,10:35)]Sorry Scriv,you cannot compare us with Ipswich,they have more fans than us,be honest if you know how much Ipswich got from this on line betting,compare the ratio fans - fans and how many hits their site get to ours.
Perhaps you compare how much Kidderminster make on this if they have the same feature,I would be interested
We had the same trouble with the Southend credit card,that was high on interest rates,when originally circulated,people saw the club connection and joined me included.
My original point is use the Official Site to entice supporters to buy goods from the club,and perhaps keep us up to date with FF plans,perhaps you can get paid advertising from Ladbrokes or William Hills are the better option as they priced the Shrimpers at better odds at the start of the season
OK then compare us to Bury who made at least ten times what we did.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Sep. 17 2004,09:35)]Sorry Scriv,you cannot compare us with Ipswich,they have more fans than us,be honest if you know how much Ipswich got from this on line betting,compare the ratio fans - fans and how many hits their site get to ours.
Ipswich ave attendance 25k ish

Southend ave attendance 5k ish

Ipswich takings £588,000

/5 = £117600. Not bad.....

(I know thats a very simplistic way to look at it, and doesn't take into account website hits blah blah blah, but if it makes money for the club, then I couldn't give a monkeys, don't read it if it doesn't interest you....)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Sep. 17 2004,09:46)]OK then compare us to Bury who made at least ten times what we did.
Not that I'm especially interested one way or another, but if you want us to make comparisons between Southend and Bury on this issue why not put on here the amounts the respective clubs received and the source of your information?

Quite obviously, people can't make comparisons based on zero information, and though we have no reason to doubt your word, a few authenticated facts to back up your earlier statements would convince a lot more people on here.

I've got a good idea. Let's slag off an innocent attempt to bring in much needed extra funds to an improverished club. Sure there are problems with a few things (the club shop for starters) but would it not have been more positive to applaud this initiative and then suggest that the club employ equal efforts to getting other matters in order ?

Messers Wheeler, Dear, Scriven etc may, or may not be the worlds best marketeers and relationship people (rhetorical) but as much as I love SUFC I wouldn't be prepared to sacrifice my wages for the pittance I'm sure they are all on in an attempt to bring in much needed revenue. (Dave, where's my freebies ?  
laugh.gif
)

ORM,you have double standards here,last week you admited you had a go at Gower for being **** poor,and yet I get accused by you of slagging off your mate Scrivs.
If you read the initial report,I stated the club would be better trying to sort out the shop which would have better potential for cash flow.
So perhaps next time you report that Gower is a **** poor and not trying,remember he's probably doing his best,for a club that pays not the best wages in the league.

The Official Southend United website is HEAPS better than it was last year with Dave McS at the helm.............no doubt about it..............so if there's a couple of items on their that is not to your taste........................so what?
And if it helps the financial situation of the Club (and we need every penny),then that again is to the good.
Don't see any problem, really.

Back