• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wait for the "its a formality" quote from Ron. No stadium, unpaid bills, winding up petition, faultering promotion push, but we have plenty of scrap metal rusting over at Boots & Laces.

I think Decherts were acting for the club on the new ground.

Naughty Ron not paying his legal bills!

Would anyone be surprised if it was the due to non-payments for the Dome and we see all those pieces of metal taken away from B&L soon?

Dechert seem to be the club's legal team in the dispute against HMRC over the disputed amount of how much we owed them in 2010, as well as being involved with the building of the new stadium

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=4513

I think Decherts were acting for the club on the new ground.

Naughty Ron not paying his legal bills!

"And the solicitors, London firm Dechert, piled in with “we are frankly astounded that you have proceeded with…a winding-up petition,” claiming “it is an abuse of process for any creditor to use the winding-up procedure in relation to a disputed debt.”"

Hypocrisy alert !

"And the solicitors, London firm Dechert, piled in with “we are frankly astounded that you have proceeded with…a winding-up petition,” claiming “it is an abuse of process for any creditor to use the winding-up procedure in relation to a disputed debt.”"

Hypocrisy alert !

You couldn't make it up. I would love to hear Ron's sales patter if he tried to get another firm to defend us ' Ron why don't you use the firm that has defended you in the past?' 'We can't as we didn't pay them and it's them who are actually taking us to court for non payment. Every thing is oK though and if you take us on I will pay you next week. Would you like a cheque as a deposit':unsure:

Last edited:
You couldn't make it up. I would love to hear Ron's sales patter if he tried to get another firm to defend us ' Ron why don't you use the firm that has defended you in the past?' 'We can't as we didn't pay them and it's them who are actually taking us to court for non payment. Every thing is on thou abd if you take us on I will pay you next week. Would you like a cheque as a deposit':unsure:

I think Decherts are appearing the hypocrites here, they seem to have decided its now ok for any creditor to use the winding-up procedure in relation to a disputed debt.

Unless of course RM remembers that phrase and has decided to use it against them , hence the old disputed debt comment

I'm not sure what they would get out of a winding up order (other than satisfaction).

Hypocrisy alert !

I think Decherts are appearing the hypocrites here, they seem to have decided its now ok for any creditor to use the winding-up procedure in relation to a disputed debt.

Unless of course RM remembers that phrase and has decided to use it against them , hence the old disputed debt comment

.... that's what I said !

Hang on a minute - why the hell is anyone blaming Ron? We've CLEARLY got more outgoings than income and he's kept it all going by juggling around behind the scenes. In addition we've got the fattest squad in the division and the manager has been backed as much as any other manager in this league. Why should the fact that we can't pay our bills surprise anyone?

What exactly do you want the Chairman to do? If this is his incompetence, what would you do differently?

Hang on a minute - why the hell is anyone blaming Ron? We've CLEARLY got more outgoings than income and he's kept it all going by juggling around behind the scenes. In addition we've got the fattest squad in the division and the manager has been backed as much as any other manager in this league. Why should the fact that we can't pay our bills surprise anyone?

What exactly do you want the Chairman to do? If this is his incompetence, what would you do differently?

Think that is Wimbledon ... :winking:

But, although we have history, is it a case of we wouldn't pay rather than couldn't pay, because the bill was in dispute?

In the past I've had disputes with energy companies over incorrect billing, (their error), and they have refused to accept they are at fault and have got as far as issuing County Court actions against me before finding they were in error when they started getting their evidence together for the action.....
I may be wrong, but is a winding up petition more akin to a business version of a CC action to force matters to a head?

Back